“Amazing value! Quaint, neighbohood feel, run by a family that truly cares about you!”
Review of Hotel Nordig

Hotel Nordig
Ranked #9 of 26 Hotels in Flensburg
U.S.
Reviewed February 21, 2010

In 2008, I had to attend a 2-week business conference, and all the hotels in central Flensburg were full. I had to "settle" for this hotel, about 5 minutes out of town, towards Gluecksurg. Because of the fantastic friendliness and professionalism of the staff I had to return in 2009 for the following year's conference. The rooms are small but sufficient; immaculate, and the beds very comfortable. Complimentary bottled water ("with gas") is provided in your room, too. The complimentary breakfast buffet includes eggs, sausage, cereal/muslix, 3 types of juices, fresh fruit, numerous breads and cheeses, yogurt, salmon... quite the variety.

During the work week I would start off at the breakfast buffet, then head off to my conference. The front desk also happens to be a bar, so my colleagues and I would often wind down the day at the front desk for some drinks, head back to our rooms to clear emails, then meet back at the bar to head out to dinner. There are several very good restaurants within walking distance, or you can drive 5 minutes into Flensburg. The free wireless internet was convenient, although the signal was sometimes weak, and there is no business center to allow printing of documents, but I never really needed to print anything.

The area around the hotel has a neighborhood feel (see photos). If you're at the hotel in the daytime during the week, you'll occasionally hear the school bells across the street, and see all the kids riding their bikes to school. There's a drycleaner right up the street, and a several local grocery stores around the corner for bread, food, toiletries, etc. For souvenirs and tourist stuff, you need to head into town. If you're looking for a place to home-base while you see the Northern Germany countryside, or staying for business this would be the place to stay. There's not much to actually do in the hotel (other than hang out at the bar), but the rooms are extremely comfortable and clean, and it's not in the middle of town, so it's nice and quiet. The in-room TV's only have local TV coverage, so I watched a lot of BBC, as the only english channel. I was not bothered by street noise, as some others have posted. There is in room steam-radiator heat, but the outside temperatures were moderate, and I was never too hot or cold.

The family that runs the hotel is Top Notch! They knew me by name by the third day of my stay, and made me feel like I was coming home each night. The staff speaks excellent English, and they had great recommendations on things to do in town during our stay. I highly recommend this place for a quiet, off-the-main-area hotel.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank 6-TRG-6

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Fort Wayne
Reviewed November 15, 2008

My wife and I are from the the midwestern part of the United States. We stayed there when we attended the Husum Wind Fair. Everyone made us feel at home. They helped us find our way around. It was more like living in Flensburg rather than just visiting Flensburg.

• Liked — felt at home
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank DCJ08
Sundsvall, Sweden
Reviewed August 3, 2008

We spent a night in Flensburg on our way to France. This hotel is perfect if you prefer to stay in a pretty, little town instead of a motel near the motorway. Easy to find and on walking distance to the pittoresque harbour with a lot of nice restaurants.
We had a warm welcome when arriving and got a parking place just outside the back entrance. A large enough room for two adults and one child, simple but clean and quite. We managed to connect to the internet after having asked for a password at the reception.
Breakfast was ok. They even had the natural youghurt that I prefer in ther morning.
We can recommend this hotel for a short stay. Good service and a reasonable price.

• Liked — The beds, large and comfortable
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank TripAAN