All reviews excellent hotel old harbour breakfast buffet great location hot water high quality parking garage recommend this hotel nautical christmas backyard waterfront denmark
Reviewed September 28, 2018

We have a super experience at your Hotel. Service very very nice and helpfull and the room were outstanding we were very impressed :-) Surroundings prima. We will be back that's for sure. Lokation by Habour is a great thing and off course in the heart of Flensburg. Thanks to the Staff to make our stay so fantastic

Room tip: unable to answer we thought our room were very very nice
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 16, 2018

Our experience is that the hotel promise more than they can deliver;
The fitness room is one treadmill and a crosstrainer - not what I call a fitness room
The wellness area consist of a finish sauna
We upgraded to a room with harbor view - but there was just a small window in the roof where you could see the water if you sat at the desk.
We also bought a stay with free minibar - but the minibar was 1 jouce, 1 water, 1 coke and 1 beer.
We will never visit this place again.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 14, 2018

We had a wonderfull big room overlooking the courtyard. Garage for the car. Really nice with a good placing at the harbour and at the same time very close to the main street with a lot of shops.We had a evening meal included, and that was not so good, but the breakfast was excellent. We believe the a la carte restaurant in the evening is much better.
We will absolutely come back

Room tip: A quiet room overlooking the garden on first or second floor
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed August 30, 2018

The hotel is in an excellent position. It is right on the edge of the fjord and close to the old area of Flensburg. We had a room at the front - not advisable. It was very hot and as we could not sleep we asked for the safety latches on windows be opened so we could get some air. We then realised that the traffic noise was very bad. We had little sleep over the 2 nights. Dinner at the hotel was really good and the breakfast was plentiful, but the hot items were cold when we went to eat. The hot water had run out for making tea and the milk had run out for the cereal. It is the attention to detail that seemed to be missing. The hotel really welcomes dogs and gives them bowls, treats and even a towel for them to take away. The dogs are also allowed in the restaurant so need to leave them in the room. I would definitely stay here again but request a room without a wonderful view in order to sleep.

Reviewed August 24, 2018

I spent two nights at this hotel while visiting my son's family in Flensburg. The location is very good - a short walk from the old town with its shops, restaurants and significant historic buildings. We arrived in the late afternoon and asked about parking place (charged) - I was told to take a place in the compound behind the hotel (this was full and required a revisit to reception - I was then told I could park in the garage). The room was in a new block behind the harbour front buildings with secure door and lift access. It was clean and tidy and spacious with an abundance of themed adornments (if I'd seen one more piece of driftwood I'd have screamed). The relentless "nautical" theme - staff and staff areas labelled "crew", parking was "at anchor" and so on and so on... it all wore a bit thin after a short time and verged on the twee. I get it; we're by the sea! I noted that the hotel would rent bathrobe and slippers for a hefty deposit - I don't mind the charge, but the deposit gave me the impression that they do not trust their guests.
The bed was comfortable although getting to sleep wasn't easy with the rowdy noise coming from an adjacent bar on the harbour front. I was surprised that the soundproofing was not better.
In the morning, no tea or coffee making facilities so straight to breakfast. Although the buffet appeared generous at first sight, the cooked items were restricted and as a vegetarian I was limited to scrambled egg (and the worst scrambled egg I've experienced over 30 years!).
Overall the hotel was comfortable and a good place to stay given the choices in Flensburg - but in my view it is over-priced and a little self-satisfied.

• Trip type: Traveled with family