“I made a reservation but was turned away”

Trattoria Cuochi per Caso
Ranked #22 of 306 Restaurants in Magdeburg
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Trattoria Cuochi Per Caso steht für authentische, traditionelle aber auch innovative italienische Landhausküche. Gerichte die bereits von unseren Mütter und Großmüttern zubereitet wurden werden unter der Verwendung frischester, saisonaler Produkte modern interpretiert und verfeinert. Wir sind stolz auf unsere Wurzeln und unser Handwerk und laden Sie ein uns auf einer kulinarischen Reise durch unser Heimatland zu begleiten.
Reviewed December 6, 2013

I had made a reservation, but when I arrived, I was simply asked to leave. The "host" (owner?) was arrogant and unpleasant, and didn't want too neither listen nor try to find out what had gone wrong. Even though I promised to leave after an hour, there was nothing he would like to do to help. I had driven from Prague (370 km...)

Sapori D, Geschäftsführer at Trattoria Cuochi per Caso, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2013

I' m sorry for our Mistake.It's was sure a misunderstanding. Till now we not found your reservation per email. But if you reserve a table per email you have also to wait for a confirmation.!!! . You have spoken with our waiter but i can not do nothing for you becouse
all Table was occupied . If you are next time in Magdeburg we would like to invite you on
our cost. You can ask of me Mr.Esposito.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

It was just totally bad.. The atmosphere is nice but the waitress and other staff were so unfriendly.

PLUS, I asked for some chilli and she answered with "chillis are already in the pasta" and I had to ask her again if she could bring it still. cause i want to have it hotter!

When my friend and I got the noodle dish (we both ordered the same dish), my friend found a fly in the noodles. But we werent sure if the fly came from the noodles or the chilli (chilli pickled with oil).. and I asked them to change my dish as well, since it is cooked in the same pan....
Even if the fly came from the pickled chilli, it doesnt make a difference whether or not they should replace mine too!

The food was just ok... I had aglio e olio but it was just too much of something else other than aglio e olio..

Staff are so unfriendly and when I asked if I could only pay for the drink I had, they were aggressively asking for me to pay for the main dish.. which was about 8 to 9 euros.. what losers..

2  Thank LHB2013
Reviewed July 11, 2013

I just came back from Cuochi per Caso and have to say that the experience was a pure delight. The service was great, the atmosphere superb, and above all the food and wine were fantastic.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

If you want to order the service is so great that they advice you not to order too much.....because the food is rich and the portions are quite large. Especially the terrace is nice. This is the trattoria pur sang. Good food, no nonsense but very friendly service (that is really SERVICE!) and a nice location.

Reviewed February 23, 2013

Despite the place being packed and our reservation (made by the hotel) was not noted, they managed to get us a table on a Saturday evening within 5 minutes.
The food was great and the staff very friendly. They have a wide selection of dishes, and pizza as well.
The value for money is excellent, in fact we think that the place is quite cheap.
Cuochi per Caso alone is worth going to Magdeburg for.