“OMG Best Dinner Ever”

Reserve a Table
Fri, 7/19
8:00 PM
Ranked #1 of 963 Restaurants in Leipzig
Description: Fine dining with seasonal French cuisine and hand-picked French wines in a tastefully appointed and relaxed ambiance. The three-monthly changing menu comprises classic as well as modern dishes.
Reviewed April 6, 2019 via mobile

Wow. I have to add to the accolades. My hubby and I visited for my birthday dinner, and this restaurant surpassed all our expectations in every way possible. The staff was warm, knowledgeable and absolutely lovely. The food was incredible and the wine pairings perfect (we had 3 courses with wine). The origins and history of the various wines were fully explained to us with every glass. We were treated to additional courses and wine throughout. I am somewhat of a foodie and also appreciate good wine, and I have never had such a delightful experience. We were totally pampered the entire time. This restaurant is such a gem! I highly recommend it!

Date of visit: April 2019
2  Thank DrPiggy

Reviewed December 30, 2018

C'est la vie is by a wide margin the best fine dining restaurant in Leipzig that I have been to. We've been to Falco (2 Michelin Stars), which was at most a 1 Star performance. Granted, we were at Falco between Christmas and New Years Eve, when the A Team in restaurants tends to be on vacation

We have been to just about every highly-rated restaurant in Leipzig. Max Enk (good wines, but just OK food), Mifune (novice, if not incompetent, Teppanyaki), etc. Sadly, there aren't a great many fine dining choices in Leipzig. Leipzig appears to be a culinary wasteland.

Or so I thought.

C'est la vie showed creativity and flavor that will hold up anywhere. I use Trip Avisor a lot, but I don't write a lot of reviews. C'est la vie inspired me to sit down and actually write a review.

The foie gras, one of my staple dishes, was inspired. The pheasant cooked in spiced milk was prefect. The amuse bouche deserves an honorable mention. The sommelier was knowledgeable and patient.

The potato essence soup was plain divine. Never had anything like it and I have been to more Michelin stars and Top 50 restaurants than I can count.

Minus points for the bread and the first wine, both of which were boring. The latter might be due to the fact that our group had a bottle of Champagne prior, but the sommelier needs to take prior beverage consumption into account when selecting wines.

Bottom line: clear Michelin 1 Star performance.

Date of visit: December 2018
4  Thank Marc B
Reviewed December 28, 2018 via mobile

We had a wonderful experience at C’est la Vie. Debra, our waitress was knowledgeable and extremely accommodating. She was the best. The food, was artfully presented and tasted better than it looked. I agree with a previous reviewer. 5 stars is not enough for this jewel of a restaurant. Foie Gras was the best I have ever had and I am a Foie Gras junkie. Best restaurant ever. Don’t miss it. Ginger & Ron from Florida.

Date of visit: December 2018
4  Thank Ginger W
Reviewed November 19, 2018 via mobile

Me and my girlfriend went there to our 1 year anniversary. The food was exceptional, the staff was extremely attentive, respectful, professional, and at the same time intimate. I asked to make our table special, and they put flowers and candles all over the table, and in a very reserved place. Not expensive for the experience, and food quality. An enviroment, vibe, staff, food and experience made to make you feel special.
Definetely recommend the wine tasting.
It was the best food we ever ate (she being a vegan), and quickly became a favorite. Looking forward to go back there.

Date of visit: November 2018
2  Thank AndreB2445
Reviewed November 7, 2018 via mobile

Could not fault this place food and service was excellent. Ordered of the 3 course tasting menu for 59 Euro well worth the money and they also give you a few free small tasting dishes fro the kitchen.

Date of visit: November 2018