“Lovely hotel, lobby amazing rooms very nice flying visit but would use again if needed.”
Review of The Westin Leipzig

The Westin Leipzig
Ranked #10 of 102 Hotels in Leipzig
Reviewed November 2, 2013

I have a brief over night stay here whilst on a business trip and was pleasantly surprised we arrived late and they had laid on some delicious food and drinks - well received after a long day travelling! Rooms were clean and tidy, lovely leaf shaped soap in the bathroom only comment would be that they had single beds although comfy it was unusual however not really a complaint - good stay! breakfast was amazing with so much choice in every areas certainly spoilt for choice!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed October 14, 2013

This hotel is right next to the main station and located close to main shops and restaurants/cafes.Check in was super efficient and friendly. Rooms are a bit on the small side but same standard as other Westin hotels - what makes it special are the views of the city as the hotel is one of the tallest buildings in Leipzig. As with oher Westin hotels the charge for breakfast/wifi is pretty excessive if you are not on corporate expenses so not really worth it.

Room Tip: Ask for the top floors for great views of the city.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 5, 2013

I stayed here during a conference in June.
The hotel is a nice one. Very impressive hall, one of the tallest buildings in Leipzig.

Booking: Via their website. OK
Checkin: Very friendly, fast, easy. I got some hints for jogging courses

Rooms: A little bit disappointing, somehow worn out. It wasn't what I expected when I checked in.
Nice views around the city, quiet.

Location: Not in the inner circle of the city, but close to the main station and only a few minutes to walk into the center.

Check out: Fast, easy, all fine.

Spa and pool: Yes, they have a pool, but nothing special. I found me beamed back into the 80s...

Restaurant and bar: Nice bar at the entry level, also some nice food here. Breakfast: Perfect breakfast. You can't ask for more.

Overall: First impression is outstanding. Service is very good, the staff tries to make everything possible. Rooms are from the 80s.

Value: Expensive hotel. If you can get a special deal, then it is good to go.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 24, 2013

I stayed at The Westin Leipzig on the 06st September 2013 for two nights. The check in was fast and efficent. The Room was clean and looked fresh - maybe a bit small for a 5 star - but the view from the room was just great. The Bar on the Top Floor was great too - nice cocktail selection- however a small snack menu was missing. We found a late night snack (Schnitzel mit bratkartoffeln) at the Lobby Bar - the Service was just great - very friendly and personal - it was a joy staying at the Bar.
The Service at The Westin was great at all levels.
The only thing I was missing in the room was a Coffee maschine or a Coffee station.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

Clearly to be recommended. Very nice and stylish rooms right in the center of Leipzig at a great price. I enjoyed my short stay. Service was very friendly and fast. Lufthansa had list my luggage and I got all extra amenities free of charge.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 11, 2013

I stayed at the Westin for three days at the end of May, 2013. The Westin is conveniently located, clean and comfortable.There were many amenities in the hotel, such as various restaurants, a spa, etc. The view over the city was impressive.

However, there were problems for me. The walls of my room seemed to be quite thin, so that i was awakened at about 7:00 a.m. by my neighbors slamming around in their room. I could hear them in the evening, too.

There was no coffee-making set-up in the room and also no ironing board, as had been the case at the Hilton in Dresden.

The breakfast was very expensive--about $25, as i recall. I preferred to have breakfast elsewhere. I realize that business travelers probably have meals on expense accounts, but for the vacationing traveler, the cost of the breakfast was excessive.

The cost of the hotel was reasonable, as I had the pre-paid, non-refundable reservation.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 28, 2013

This big business hotel tower is just two blocks walk from the rail station so you'll save on a couple of taxi fares staying here. It's a big modern hotel with excellent views from the higher floors. Staff are wonderful. You can walk into the old city in 10-15 minutes to see all the sights and it's totally safe at any hour. Breakfast is expensive if you don't want to eat much so walk two blocks across the tram tracks to a local cafe instead. My only complaint is the swimming pool which costs extra. It look gorgeous in photos but the water is quite cold and the tiny dry saunas are very weird. Nobody goes there.

Room Tip: Business and conference people stay here
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Antje R, Marketing Manager at The Westin Leipzig, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2013

Dear hotelguest "Briancodex",

we would like to thank you for your constructive feedback and of course for having taken the time to share your experience with us. We regret that we could not meet your expectations regarding our spa area. Please be assured that I have taken up your point with the chief engineer. We hope to see you again and will do our very best to turn your stay into a thoroughly enjoyable experience for you. Kind regards.