The Westin Leipzig
  • Room Service
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Pool
1,031 results
All reviewslobby barthe upper floorsgreat view of the citytop floorgreat hotellarge hoteltrain stationbreakfast buffetswimming poolbusiness conferenceshopping mallan upgrademain stationgerman hotelsthe air conditioningwave gotik treffenmodern design
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

Clearly to be recommended. Very nice and stylish rooms right in the center of Leipzig at a great price. I enjoyed my short stay. Service was very friendly and fast. Lufthansa had list my luggage and I got all extra amenities free of charge.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 11, 2013

I stayed at the Westin for three days at the end of May, 2013. The Westin is conveniently located, clean and comfortable.There were many amenities in the hotel, such as various restaurants, a spa, etc. The view over the city was impressive.

However, there were problems for me. The walls of my room seemed to be quite thin, so that i was awakened at about 7:00 a.m. by my neighbors slamming around in their room. I could hear them in the evening, too.

There was no coffee-making set-up in the room and also no ironing board, as had been the case at the Hilton in Dresden.

The breakfast was very expensive--about $25, as i recall. I preferred to have breakfast elsewhere. I realize that business travelers probably have meals on expense accounts, but for the vacationing traveler, the cost of the breakfast was excessive.

The cost of the hotel was reasonable, as I had the pre-paid, non-refundable reservation.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 28, 2013

This big business hotel tower is just two blocks walk from the rail station so you'll save on a couple of taxi fares staying here. It's a big modern hotel with excellent views from the higher floors. Staff are wonderful. You can walk into the old city in 10-15 minutes to see all the sights and it's totally safe at any hour. Breakfast is expensive if you don't want to eat much so walk two blocks across the tram tracks to a local cafe instead. My only complaint is the swimming pool which costs extra. It look gorgeous in photos but the water is quite cold and the tiny dry saunas are very weird. Nobody goes there.

Room Tip: Business and conference people stay here
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Antje R, Marketing Manager at The Westin Leipzig, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2013

Dear hotelguest "Briancodex",

we would like to thank you for your constructive feedback and of course for having taken the time to share your experience with us. We regret that we could not meet your expectations regarding our spa area. Please be assured that I have taken up your point with the chief engineer. We hope to see you again and will do our very best to turn your stay into a thoroughly enjoyable experience for you. Kind regards.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

First off, I agree with other reviewers: 1)book a non-smoking room.2)Rooms on higher floors (6th and above) are better, especially after dark.Leipzig centre is a big construction site, still scarred from GDR neglect and ugly brutalist architecture. Proximity to the Ring doesn't help with traffic noise, so go as high as you can.

The multi-lingual front-of-house staff are brisk and courteous, although when the concierge isn't available, it appears they're not well informed about local restaurants, cafés or museums.
I can find a Mövenpick café by myself, should I ever experience the urge to set foot in one, thank you very much.

The lobby is sleek and modern, with warm lighting.
I was happy to use the hotel pool in the evening for a good swim, I had the place all to myself for most of the time.

The rooms are comparatively small for a Westin hotel, but adequate for short business trips. The plush beds deliver, as usual.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank coffeebean11
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Cnetrally located - just a five minute walk from the Central station, the hotel lived up to expectations. The room was clean and comfortable. The staff were friendly and efficient. Breakfast was a treat with lavish spread.

Room Tip: a higher room will give you a great view of the city.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business