Victor's Residenz-Hotel Leipzig
NH Leipzig Messe(Leipzig)(Great Value!)
$72
$153
$149
$117
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $133/night.

$101
Marriott Hotels
$164
$129
$114
$116
  • Restaurant
All reviewsthe main train stationexcellent locationtraditional hotelroad noisestay there againhotel lobbylovely hotelold townbreakfast buffetminutes walk awaypleasant staystayed for nightscity centrefree wifiyogurtrooms are spaciousair conditioning
Reviewed September 4, 2013

This Hotel is just across the Railway Station and 5 min walking distance to the City Centre. The Rooms are very clean and cozy and the Breakfast Buffet is included in the Room Rate. This Hotel offers a Welcome Drink upon arrival and flyers of what to do or to visit in Town and how to get there. It is quiet during Nighttime even it is close to the Rail and busy Streets. I only gave it a 4 stars, because it is quite expensive for a longer stay.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank lopezr159
Reviewed July 11, 2013

As other reviewers have noted, it's in a good location next to the main railway station and taxi/tram links, but consequently about 15/20 min walk into town centre. My room was on 2nd floor facing onto the station, so plenty of activity outside. I was there for 7 nights, but alas suffered from a heatwave with temps topping 30 degrees each day for a least 3 days, and with no A/C anywhere in the hotel, it would have been unbearable hot at night if I'd not persuaded staff to provide me with an electric fan, which I kept on all night (hence only 3 stars rather than the four it might have earned for a stay in the winter). Good cold selection at breakfast but very limited hot food. Bar seemed little used in the late evening and closed at 11pm each night, so no late night drinking! Staff generally friendly and helpful (but with not all of them). Rooms, bedding, bathroom, etc, were all very clean and kept so during my 7 night stay. Room key system not the easiest to operate, and the initial encounter with the two lifts can be confusing because they don't both go to the same floors.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Arandale
Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel on a recent business trip to Leipzig. We arrived by plane and the hotel in only a 15-20 minute taxi ride from the airport. The hotel is in an excellent position about 5 minutes walk from the main town centre. The hotel staff were fantastic and couldn't do enough to help us enjoy our stay.
We upgraded to a larger room which was really worthwhile as it included a separate lounge/sitting room which was great to spread out.
The breakfasts were very good and on our last day we left very early to catch a train, and they offered to put together some breakfast hampers (free of charge) for us as the breakfast hadn't open when we left.
WiFi was included in our room but whilst handy wasn't all that fast. Our biggest gripe was the lack of Air Conditioning. The hotel is right next to a busy road and straight across the road from the train hbf so opening the double glazed windows while trying to sleep wasn't an option to cool the room down.
Overall, we really enjoyed the experience.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank flatchange
Reviewed May 6, 2013

This hotel has a great location just across the road from the side of the Hauptbahnhof (turn left from the train platforms and keep going). Check-in was quick and very friendly - even extending to a lovely glass of hot, sweet apple tea. In fact, all the staff I saw were extremely helpful, efficient and friendly.

My room was on the front of the hotel, thereby facing the side of the station. The road is busy, so I was a little concerned about sleeping well, but the double glazing is excellent, and I only heard the trams as a faint rumble in the night - and I am a fussy sleeper! I also had french windows (only one half opens) with a small "balconette" (too small to be called a balcony!). Whilst I couldn't venture on to this structure, I could sit with one window open enjoying the view over the huge Platz in front of the station.

German hotels are not noted for being over-luxurious, but they are functional and generally well-appointed. This was the case here. Everything was of a high standard, well-maintained and spotlessly clean. The armchair was very comfortable, as was the bed, and the bathroom was very well thought out. I particularly liked the loudspeaker which meant I could hear the TV/radio whilst in the bathroom. This is something I've only come across in luxury class hotels. The soundpfroofing between the rooms is also excellent. I didn't realise I had neighbours until day 3 of my stay. Another nice touch is that the rooms have a doorbell...There was also a room safe.

Breakfast was the usual Germanic fare, with some concessions to the health-conscious - half-fat milk and cheese. There is a pub-style restaurant which is ok, but it can get very busy, so best to book if you think you'll be using it. The bar is also a nice place to relax after a long day's sightseeing, although some of the prices are on the steep side.

The centre of town is a 10-15 minute walk away.

I would definitely stay here again. The chances of getting a really cheap deal are slim, but I thought it was worth paying that bit extra (about £85/night, including breakfast).

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank cherubino
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Quite possibly the worst place I have ever stayed at... moments from town centre and free street parking but the rooms! Oh my goodness the rooms! Free internet and nice enough staff but the rooms are so basic that you might as well stay at a YMCA! It is described as an art deco building but this is no masterpiece of the 1920s, on the contrary... the neighbourhood is dirty and loud traffic rumbles... rooms have no AC... The centre of town is decent and arts and sciences abound but don't venture beyond its limits

Room Tip: choose another hotel
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family