“The best breakfast” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Jablonec nad Nisou, Czech Republic
“The best breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2013

Rooms are clean but nothing really special. What makes this hotel good choice is food. We had nice dinner (salmon with spinach and potato) and it was delicious. But the real pleasure came morning after - the breakfast there is truly amazing. They offer everything you can imagine and a bit more (smoothies, dried cranberries really surprised me and pleased me).

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
California, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

in walking distance to the Convention Center (Messe Leipzig), We had room 397 at the end of a long coridor, very clean and very quiete, breakfast buffet is a must... everything you can think of is available. We also stayed one night for the dinner buffet, highly recommended after a long day at the Messa Leipzig. Flat screen TV with international channels, English, spanish and French too. Room 397 had 2 beds with bath shower combo. MeuiterMedia

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Lausanne
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

We stayed one night in this hotel on our way from North Poland to Switzerland. It was a great experience. Very friendly staff, superb rooms, facilities. Fantastic breakfast. The closed iunderground garage was great during very hot weather.
Easy & short drive to the city.
I will always stay here on my travelto/from Poland. Highly recommended.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank HighMikko
Milano
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

Classic NH style: clean, comfortable and good service.
It is located about 8 km from the center of the city so better you have a car but at about 700 meters there is a tram that connect you directly to the city ( main train station). I definitely suggest this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank br1xra
Nottingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

I was attending a conference at the Leipzig Conference Center (CCL), and my company had booked me into the NH Leipzig Messe. I went on Tripadvisor to see the reviews and was shocked by the recent one star ratings and derogatory comments. So my first impression before getting there was somewhat coloured,
My experience (having returned last night after for 4 days) was as follows:
Checking in: three ladies on the desk. Very polite, appropriately friendly and efficient.
Room: Very nice. Comfortable.
Breakfast: Large choice - help yourself buffet. Well laid out. Sets you up nicely for the day.
Evening meals: I did not eat evening meals, but the prices seemed reasonable, and there was a wide menu for room service.
Fitness centre: Separate room on the 4th floor with a small range of equipment.
Location: Isolated. The hotel is presumably built to serve the nearby Conference centre (CCL), which is a 10 min walk. If you want to see Leipzig city then be sensible and get a hotel in Leipzig city this hotel is not for you. I had a taxi from the airport (instead of waiting for the hourly train on a Sunday) - cost ~Euros 24 and took ~12 min. There is a shopping precinct in-between the hotel and conference centre. If you want a cheap meal then go to the Globus supermarket 'restaurant' (~Euros 8), or the bigM (you know who) the cheapest being <Euros 2. There is very little English spoken or understood in the shops so be patient, and take a dictionary/phrase book etc.
There is a tram and bus which goes between the city and the conference centre - but not one near the hotel as such.
Internet: Hot and cold! Contrary to previous reviewers there was only the free service throughout the hotel, for which you get the password at the front desk each day. Sometimes fast and no problems, but sometimes slow and inadequate. I asked at the front desk about the use of the cable connection and was advised it was the same code as the wi-fi. I did not use it and do not know if it would have been faster. To me this was the only downside and was frustrating, but I also do not need 24h connection with the world!
Would I go back?: Yes. I do not need 24h ultra-high speed wi-fi access all the time. Yes frustrating if you do need it for 10 min and it happens to be down, but otherwise a good room, nice surroundings, clean, tidy, etc, etc.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank SteveF77
Montreux, Switzerland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

Unfriendly. unprofessional. only can speak german staff.

Refuse to assist for the lost & found items just few hours after check out and unable to understand what is hospitality means. Just reply and say "they couldn't find and doesn't know where is it"

The things were left in your property and what doesn it mean you couldn't find? Someone took it or has been disposed right after check out? Cannot believe this is a four star hotel and so called internation brand. Never go to any NH hotels either my friends. Things are valuable for us and they don't care!!!!! We asked for help and the staff refused so we went up to the room alone. The email replied said "the staff did go up with us to check and nothing was found".

As we know we went up alone at the first place, and then we went down to ask them to call to the housekeeping, and the staff said they don't have housekeeping and just stand there and do nothing. Not even call or try to look into the lost items log or something. If this is what you meant the staff is helpful.

When the guest speaks to the staff in english, and they replied us in German, and the manager replied some non sense answer what "core of conduct bla bla bla.... always welcome international guest".... if that's what they meant welcome speaking to the guests with their mother language

It took us 2 days then they replied our email and said it's not their responsibilty, and we feel very bad and upset this is the answer from a manager of an internation brand hotel. and ya they apologized and said "if we feel that the staff is with unfriendly attitude".

All we felt is they are blaming us, what we felt? you sucks.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Brussels, Belgium
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

The hotel is basically located in the middle of nowhere and public transport is not close either. The reception can be quite clueless at times. When I asked for an ironing board and iron I kinda got the reindeer in headlights look. Since the hotel is rather large I wonder who had the clever idea of only fitting two elevators, during rush hours (breakfast, EOB) you can literally stand there for a couple of minutes. An additional 5€ is requested for room service and as most of here have already mentioned, the internet connection only does the trick when you pay extra. Also, when you decide to pay the extra... 10€/24h I think it was remember to use the code given. I used the internet and went to the fitness for an hour or so, when I came back I wanted to go online so I click the internet access button again... There we go, again 10€ extra. Might be my own stupidity to forget to use the past given code but I'm just not used to it. All in all, very basic hotel in my humble opinion.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business