All reviews the executive lounge train station great hotel champions bar old town shopping mall two double beds excellent location parking garage main station fitness room typical hotel quiet room christmas market fitness center per day early check
Reviewed July 17, 2018

The Marriott is very easy to find from the train station and is convenient to everything a tourist like me could want. The room was large and the bed extremely comfortable. It was quiet and easy to have a very good night's sleep. Breakfast was included in my price and it was very nice. Nothing that made it exceptional but very high quality products and service. Very good omelette station. I was very happy with my choice.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Maksmum
Reviewed July 15, 2018

We stayed three nights.
This large hotel is located close to the main railway station and the city center. We could easily walk to many of the best sights in Leipzig.
The hotel has a parking garage with direct access to the hotel lobby, and the charge is EUR 22 per day.
Friendly staff at the reception gave us a warm welcome. Our room was on the 6th floor with access to the Executive Lounge. The room was spacious, quiet, very clean and equipped with coffee maker, fridge and safe.
The included breakfast was of very good quality and was served in the lounge from 6.00 to 12.00. In the afternoon tea, coffee and cake was served from 14.00 to 17.30, and in the evening cold and hot snacks with wine and beer was also offered.
All the food was of very good quality, but what really made this lounge outstanding was the excellent service team. Always very friendly and helpful.
Would definitely recommend this hotel and be happy to come back.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank NemoTraveler
Reviewed July 10, 2018

I spent only one night in Leipzig (all about Bach for me) and I arrived far too early to check in - but I was very impressed that they had my room ready! (I had sent them a note the day before letting them know I'd be coming early - that means nothing in terms of possible early check-in to many hotels, but this hotel acted on it - grateful!)

The early check-in made things easy for me, as I wanted as much time during my one day to see the city. I dropped my bags, and, with the help of a map given me by reception, and a worker there who pointed the direction to everything I wanted to see, I charged out and discovered a very nice city.

When I finally got back to the room I found it very comfortable - thus, an all too short but very pleasant stay at this hotel - oh! Just across from the Hauptbahnhof, so convenient in that way too.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed June 23, 2018 via mobile

Although a little dated, this hotel is in a great location in Leipzig, with restaurants shops etc all nearby, and train station and Team lines directly opposite. Wonderful breakfast options. Didn't eat any other meals there. Young staff very friendly and helpful.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Traveled on business
LeipzigMarriottHotel, General Manager at Leipzig Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2018

Dear sojourn_with_ns,

Thank you very much for your time to write a review online.
We are happy to read when our efforts in providing great service are recognized by our guests. I will proudly share your comments with the entire team.
Looking forward to have you with us soon again should your travel take you to Leipzig.

In the meantime, travel brilliantly.

Kind regards,

Peter Lorenz

Reviewed June 14, 2018

Whilst the reception area smelt slightly damp and the receptionist was a little brusk whilst checking in, our executive room was comfortable and large. This type of room had the bonus of snacks, canapes and drinks in the executive lounge. The lounge manager was very pleasant and made us feel very welcome. Breakfast was in the main dining room at the weekend, and it was very full with large tour groups. Adequate breakfast. Hotel is across the road from the train station and well located for strolling into the old area for museums etc. We walked everywhere.

Room tip: Worth booking an Executive room
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
LeipzigMarriottHotel, General Manager at Leipzig Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2018

Dear SingaporeStephy,

Thank you for taking time to write a review of your last stay on Trip Advisor.

One of our key priorities is to provide the highest level of friendly and courteous service. While it was a pleasure having you here as our guest, your feedback regarding the service at check-in caught my attention. I am very sorry to learn that the quality of service provided did not quite meet your — or our — expectations and would like to apologize for this. Please rest assured that your comments have been shared with the team in an effort to improve our arrival experience. However, we appreciated your positive comments regarding the lounge attendant.

Looking forward to have you with us again should your travel take you to Leipzig.
In the meantime, travel brilliantly.

Kind regards,