“I guessed it would be good....”

Hotel Furstenhof, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Leipzig
Ranked #5 of 100 Hotels in Leipzig
Oxford England
“I guessed it would be good....”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

... .but I did not expect it to be this good! In an excellent location only 5 minutes walk from the Main Railway station this hotel is both stylish and classy . The staff are exceptional and everyone was so helpful and made us feel very welcome. If I find myself back in Leipzig I would head straight for this hotel . Any faults ? The mattress was too soft for my liking , but that is all I can think of .!

Room Tip: Courtyard facing rooms fora quiet night. And don't forget to order Eggs Benedict for breakfast...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Santa Barbara, California
Reviewed October 4, 2013

This Hotel is in a prime location within walking distance of all the historical parts of the city. The staff was super helpful and friendly. We received an upgrade on our room. It was fantastic. I would return any time. The only somewhat difficult part was finding the way to drive up to the hotel. We did not have a GPS, and the whole city seemed under construction with all the streets being one way the wrong way. We did manage to find the entry and decided not to use the car until we left Leipzig.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Beautiful luxury hotel - in an old and grand building. Very traditional approach, no design edge in sight except maybe the very nice hotel bar off the lobby. Staff is exceptionally friendly and helpful. Very much enjoyed my brief stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Aiken, South Carolina
Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

After driving from Munich most of the afternoon, this was a great hotel and location. Our group could walk a short distance to several great restaurants. Room was spacious and comfortable. Provided a great location. Wished I could have stayed in Leipzig longer

Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Hotel_Fuerstenhof, General Manager at Hotel Furstenhof, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Leipzig, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Dear Will1989,

Thank you for posting a review on Tripadvisor following your recent stay with us.
We are very pleased to read that you had a most enjoyable stay at Hotel Fuerstenhof, Leipzig and enjoyed the spacious room and location of the hotel.

We are looking very forward to welcoming you back soon.

Best regards,

Geelong
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Quite a large hotel. comfortable rooms, somewhat noisy though with windows open, due to the large volume of traffic on the ring-road.
A good 15 minute walk to the centre where the Rathaus is situated, or the Thomaskirke.
Breakfast very good also & restaurant excellent with an interesting selection of local wines.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Hugo22
Hotel_Fuerstenhof, General Manager at Hotel Furstenhof, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Leipzig, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Dear Hugo22,

Thank you very much for your recent stay and your review! It is great to hear that you enjoyed your visit at Hotel Fuerstenhof, Leipzig and our services.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back again soon and send our best wishes from Leipzig!

Kind regards,
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed August 12, 2013

The Restaurant offers wdegustation menus, and all dishes are available a la carte. The culinary style is a marvelously integrated approach of traditional ingredients and contemporary techniques; all presented beautifully. The wine list is a stunning collection, largely local, and the service is perfect.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Stephen S
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed August 10, 2013

The Hotel looks good from the outset. Upon arrival, I had a good dinner in the Vinothek. Prompt and polite service by the barman. The lobby area of the hotel has its old world charm, but unfortunately this charm has been removed from the guest rooms, which are now quite business hotel generic. After strolling through Leipzig one day I returned to find that my room door was not locked. Open for everyone! I pointed this out to the reception staff and asked them to solve the problem while I had dinner. Upon return I was told the door lock worked and subsequently tested it myself. Unlocked as before! Quite annoyed this time I requested they do something about the situation and expressed a wish to talk to the hotel director. I was eventually given another room, a slightly bigger one. The problem however is that irrespective of room size the rooms are very run down. At least the two rooms I had were. Furniture is chipped and bleached, rust in the bathrooms, what seems to be mold in shower cabins, hooks hanging loose. What they lack in shower pressure they more than make up for in toilet pressure. Make sure to close the toilet lid securely before flushing, or otherwise your trousers will get a splash on the house. How ingenious! I decided to try their spa area; what better way to warm oneself after a chilly walk. Looked forward to the roman bath. Out of order! Wanted to order something from the pool bar, which according to its opening hours should be open. No one there! The elevator to the pool area was not working properly, necessitating a search for an alternative exit. I am not a person prone to complaining and hardly ever write reviews but this hotel deserves one, a negative one I am sorry to say. Sitting in my hotel room looking at the faded orchid next to me, its once beautiful flowers now crumpled on the table, I could only see the plant as a suitable symbol for this hotel. In case you wonder what happened to my requested talk to the hotel director, I am sad to say that I was never granted that privilege, despite a reminder.

Room Tip: The hotel market in Leipzig is competitive, keep that in mind.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
5 Thank MrA135
Hotel_Fuerstenhof, Manager at Hotel Furstenhof, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Leipzig, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Dear MrA135,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I am very sorry to hear that we were not able to meet your expectations and would like to extend my sincere apology for any inconvenience you have experienced. Constructive feedback from our guests is always appreciated, as it helps our on-going efforts to improve our customer service. Therefore, comments like yours are taken very seriously and have already been shared with our department managers.

Nevertheless I would like to let you know that we already refurbished numerous rooms and will continue to do soft-renovations in all guest rooms. I would appreciate if you granted us another chance to make you feel comfortable and deliver the services recognized by other guests. Please do not hesitate to ask for a newly remodelled room for your next stay.

I truly understand your frustration and I am very disappointed to learn that there is an exceptional case like yours. However I hope that you will reconsider us for your next visit and we will make every possible effort to make your stay absolutely trouble-free.

Kind regards,