“Nice architecture”
Review of Madler Passage

Madler Passage
Ranked #10 of 156 things to do in Leipzig
More attraction details
Owner description: Leipzig's most famous promenade provides numerous shopping opportunities.
Reviewed October 8, 2013

This is the most beautiful passage in Leipzig, and also the most famous. Two of the city's best restaurants are located here, just like many stores. Some of them are better, some of them are not so interesting, but unfortunately everything is closed on Sundays and public holidays, except for the restaurants of course.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Madler is one of several passages in the city. Shopping ranges from averaged-priced to designer level, but it's fun to look, especially if it's raining! For a small city, it's surprising to see so many up-scale stores. There is a wide variety of stores. I don't know the significance, but there is an assortment of statues and paintings related to Faust in this Passage. If you're planning on going, I suggest you research why they're there; I hadn't researched, so my loss. I did however see several walking tour groups so perhaps that's the way to hear about the city's passages. Oh, I found a few nice shops in which to spend my money!

1  Thank Gartenkerl
Reviewed February 28, 2013

I was expecting a mall or something historical when I visited this place. But its a small mall with some expensive shops. Nothing really interesting to see from my point of view.

3  Thank canyanyday
Reviewed January 30, 2013

It's worth cutting through here as the inside is at least as interesting as the entry facade. Grab a coffee or a bite to eat in Auerbachs Kellar and check out the paitings representing scenes from Goethe's Faust.

1  Thank beaver055
Reviewed January 3, 2013

I walk along the Madler Passage, I am a window-shopper so it's a pleasant walk to just looking at luxury goods.
There are so many shops worth to see.