“Fabulous Vegan Fare in Leipzig - Highly Recommend.”
Review of Zest

Zest
Ranked #26 of 814 Restaurants in Leipzig
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 14, 2013

My girlfriend and I ate at "Zest" on Saturday night....neither of us are what you would call staunch vegans, but we try and eat food with little or no animal products most of the time.
The menu at Zest was quite incredible! - I am so impressed with what they are able to do with the ingredients they have.
We both had starters and mains and shared a desert, along with a couple of drinks each, it was a wonderful dining experience. The wait staff were very good and we felt relaxed and well looked after the whole time.
I never photograph food, but I did here :) - I'm in Leipzig for another 6 weeks and looking forward to returning to Zest soon!
I can highly recommend this place.....even if you are not Vegan!

There are newer reviews for Zest

Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

This is a true place in every sense!!!
Genuine prepared food. Creative original dishes and with an complicated service
A little outside the centre but worthwhile the 4km.

Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

I am probably going again for the brunch tomorrow! The interior of the place is minimal and nice. The food and wine we had were excellent.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

We had an amazing New Year's Eve dinner at Zest, comprising 8 courses!

There was one sitting which commenced at 1830 with a cocktail with an amuse buche.

Course 1: Sanddornsuppe (Sea Buckthorn Soup);
Course 2: Anchochillies im Polentamantel, gefullt mit Koriander-Knoblauchkrem und mango Thaichilli coulis (Ancho Chillies coated in polenta and stuffed with coriander and garlic cream with a mango Thai-Chilli coulis;
Course 3: Mizunasalat mit Hijikialgen, marinierten Shimeji, gebratener Lotuswuzel, Papayavinaigrette & Tofu in Sesam-Meersalz-Kruste (Mizuna Salad with Hijiki Seaweed, marinated shimeji mushrooms, fried Lotus root, papaya vinaigrette and sesame tofu and sea salt crust;
Course 4: Steinpilzravioli mit Basilikumkrem, schwarze Walnusse & Birnen-Balsamessig-Reduktion (Mushroom ravioli filled with Basil cream and served with black walnuts and pear balsamic vinegar reduction);
Course 5: Kalamansi Champagner Sorbet (Calamandarin Champagne Sorbet);
Course 6: Filorollchen mit Quinoa Wildfeigen-Fullung, Macadamiasauce und Bergamott Olivenol (Filo pasty roll with Quinoa and wild fig stuffing served with Macadamia sauce and bergamot and olive oil;
Course 7: Gegrillte, marinierte sojamedallions in Banyuls sauce und tasmanischem pfeffer, orangenkaramelisierter Knollenziest, Purple Haze mit Estragonbutter (Grilled marinated soya medallions in Banyuls sauce and Tasmanian pepper, Chinese artichokes in an orange caramel glaze, Purple Haze carrots with tarragon butter);
Course 8: Turmchen aus süßen Nelkenchipsletten und Mandel-weiße schokolade mousse, Blutorangensahne und vanille-Balsamico (Turrets of sweet cloves crisps and almond white chocolate mousse, blood orange and vanilla cream and balsamico).

Of course the menu is different on normal nights but we enjoyed this vegetarian (possibly even vegan) meal so much that I wanted to share on Tripadvisor.

The winelist is reasonable and comprises wine from a variety of countries including Germany, Austria, Italy, France. We chose a very delicious red wine from Austria at €22. The only down side is that the restaurant does not like taking credit cards (eg Visa) and generally only accepts "EC" cards which is a German debit card.

The restaurant is on the south side of Leipzig and can be easily reached by using the tram number 10 or 11.

2  Thank cyprusboy
Reviewed October 26, 2012

My wife and I took our son and his wife to this small vegetarian/vegan restaurant in South Leipzig. The menu is in English as well as German, and changes seasonally. The burgers were amazing - you have to choose 5 times from a range of fillings - and my wife was ecstatic about her 'meze' - a wonderful selection of 7 out of 10 ingredients, each one delicious, with superb home-made breads! The freshly made juices were also to die for.... the place is down in the more 'alternative' end of town, but trams 10 or 11 stop close by. It's a must!

2  Thank Dick E