“First time diner and not disappointed”

Graziers Steakhouse - Dalrymple Hotel
Ranked #2 of 6 Restaurants in Garbutt
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Here at Dalrymple Graziers Steakhouse we offer relaxed and family friendly dining. We have delicious meals featuring mouth watering steaks and your favourite pub fare, along with a great value lunch menu. For the children we have a fun kids menu with plenty of options to keep the little ones happy. Plus we also offer monthly meal deals and and weekly specials so there is always something for everyone to enjoy when dining in our steakhouse. The kids will love our indoor playground, and parents can relax knowing the kids are safe when they need time to play. Plus parents and grandparents can enjoy time together while the kids are entertained. If it's a relaxed friendly atmosphere with great value dining you are looking for, then look no further than the Dalrymple Hotel.
Townsville
“First time diner and not disappointed”
Reviewed February 23, 2014

My friend and I dined here for the first time today. We decided to choose the Chef's Special - Crispy Skin Salmon with Mediterranean Potato Salad. The food was delicious and very filling. The salmon was cooked to perfection and melted in your mouth. Although the room was full of diners our meal was served fairly promptly. I appreciated the carpeted restaurant which meant that the noise levels were greatly reduced and provided for a pleasant dining experience. We will definitely return to try some more meals on their menu.

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank Nan S

North Queensland
“What you get on your plate is an interpretation of the menus clear description of what you will get”
Reviewed January 31, 2014

Ordered the $10 mexican chicken parma special for lunch and was really looking forward to it after my partner ordering the same at the Vale on Ross River Rd. The menu description was 'napoli, chilli,cheese, avocado and sour cream.

What i received was, NO napoli, SWEET CHILLI SAUCE (not chilli as advertised), cheese, avocado & sour cream.

I don't usually complain about a meal so I overlooked the fact that i had no napoli sauce or chilli on my parma, and started eating. The meal was dry and at every bite, i was thinking about whether i should say something or not. I was about 1/3 of the way through and knew i couldn't eat any more of it due to not feeling like sweet chilli sauce, I went up to the counter with my meal and explained that i was missing my chilli - i didn't worry about discussing my lack of napoli as it was mainly the sickly sweet chilli that was my issue.

i was told in no uncertain terms that on their menu board, 'chilli' actually meant sweet chilli sauce and that it was my problem if i didn't want to eat the parma

When i questioned the fact that:
1. their menu board did not clearly state 'sweet chilli sauce'
2. sweet chilli sauce is not considered a mexican topper when referencing 'chilli' & "mexican" in the same description
3. the mexican parma at the Ross River Road restaurant served chilli beans on their parma,
i was told that sweet chilli sauce was the Dalyrmple version/ 'twist' of what the Ross River Road hotel called chilli.

i was not offered any kind of alternatives or compensation for a blatantly menu board lie - i wasn't expecting a refund, just a scoop of chilli beans.

I went back to my seat and started just eating the chips off my plate as the parma was pretty dry with just a slop of sweet chilli sauce on it. A minute or so later the restaurant supervisor came over to ask if my meal was ok so i explained my issue to her. She proceeded to tell me that because i'd eaten "1/2" my meal already, they weren't going to do anything about it - different person, different excuse. i told her that in future, maybe it was a good think to write the words 'sweet chilli sauce' on the description as that is a much more accurate description of the parma topper

As petty as this review may sound, the underlying issue is that Dalrymple Hotel are clearly not holding themselves accountable for stealing money off people by false advertising and blatantly lying to people.

Customer service is clearly not a value held by this restaurant, nor does it seem is honesty or owning up to lying to its patrons; after all, Im sure I'm not the only person who reads 'chilli' under the description of mexican and automatically understands that this means "sweet chilli sauce".

Woolworths really need to start looking at their restaurant chain and holding these guys up against the same standards of their supermarkets.

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank dc_globetrotters
“'Steakhouse' describes this place perfectly.”
Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

After a very disappointing meal at another steakhouse in the region. This place was recommended to me by some locals, and they weren't wrong. Excellent service and a sensational meal at reasonable prices.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank Jodie N
Townsville, Queensland, Australia
“Disgrace”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

I went here today with my two year old and a girlfriend. I ordered the bruschetta for the starter which came and was wafer thin type bread and a little bowl of chopped tomatoe smothered in balsamic vinegar. It was quite disgusting. I then ordered mains for myself and my toddler. I got the crumbed steak and ordered the chicken tenderloins for my daughter. Halfway through my daughters meal I noticed the chicken was RAW. I had consumed some of her chicken as well and instantly I felt sick at the thought of eating raw poultry. I got my 7.50 back for her meal and left. You cannot go serving people raw poultry, this is extremley hazardous. We are now waiting to see if any of us gets ill from this. Will NOT be going back.

• Visited August 2013
Raymond Terrace, Australia
“Quality food in a hurry on a budget”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Arrived almost at end of lunch service. greeted by friendly staff who advised we had limited time before end of service. Ordering efficient at desk food served hot and fresh good sized portions good choice, above average pub grub. Staff constantly on move cleaning up tables and general environment love eating here when in area

Visited January 2013