All reviews intercity hotel the main train station free transport pass free wifi city transport station area old town tram stop pedestrian precinct modern hotel rent a bike twin room nice breakfast buffet business hotel included in the room rate air con tram system
Reviewed December 3, 2017

Judging by the photos on the internet the hotel did not make much of an impression. Anyhow as soon as I entered the door I was pleasantly surprised. The check-in was very easy and fast and they gave me the key at 10.00. The room is very clean and spacious, bathroom facilities are perfect. The hotel is situated just in front of the Central Railway station but the street is quiet and clean. I would recommend a very nice chinese restaurant in the next building.

Stayed: November 2017
Susann S, Manager at IntercityHotel Dresden, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2017

Dear guests,

Thank you very much for your recent stay at the IntercityHotel Dresden and for sharing your great experiences with us on TripAdvisor.

It was a great pleasure to welcome you at our hotel and I am more than happy that you enjoyed your stay with us.

On behalf of our entire team it would be a pleasure to welcome you back at our hotel on your next trip to Dresden.

Reviewed November 21, 2017 via mobile

Enjoyed our two nights here. Modern, clean, well maintained. Our stay included a train/bus pass that was convenient in getting us around town and back to the airport. We didn’t stay for breakfast but it looked crazy busy down there. The staff just sort of spoke English but that seemed the norm for Dresden. All the tourists around were Germans, not English speakers.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
Susann S, Manager at IntercityHotel Dresden, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2017

Reviewed October 30, 2017 via mobile

When we arrived in the Late afternoon, at the Check-in the Person at the Desk told us that we Needed to pay extra 120 €, because in the Internet Booking our Child Had not Been considered. The problem was generated from the Portal. These things can happen, but the arrogance, the unprofessional attitude of the two people at the desk were incredibile. Instead of helping and trying to look for a solution, they continued stating it was my problem and not Theirs. For almost an Hour they continued stating it was our fault. In a very strada and aggressive manner. Our young child was very Tores After 7 hours travelling. It all Could have been our fault but things can be solved in a different way. Not been treaded well and ignote das guests, we had to cancel the booking and went to another hotel where we were warmly welcomed. In lots of travelling years i have never worldwide experienced such poor Hotel personell. I am very sorry for this hotel Chain.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed October 15, 2017

My husband booked this hotel for a very special room rate. I confess, I was very skeptical about it, but what a good surprise!
Pros:
Excellent cost x benefit.
Very close to the Hauptbahnhof (Central Station).
Walking distance to old town and shopping areas.
Very welcoming check in staff.
The staff is fluent in English professional and helpful.
The room is new, good sized and nicely decorated.
Everything spotlessly clean.
The hotel provides transportation tickets for all their guests entire stay.
We went during high summer season and the air conditioner was excellent.
They rent bikes if you want.
The free Wi-Fi speed was good.

Cons:
Breakfast is not included in the room rate, but you can get it for approximately €10, which is a promotion price, during the check in.
People smoking in the entrance of the building can bother allergic people.

We highly recommend this hotel. Everything works perfectly and the vibe is good.
We’d like to come back when going to Dresden.

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple
Susann S, Manager at IntercityHotel Dresden, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2017

Reviewed September 26, 2017

So I read a lot of reviews before I book hotels, and I always see a majority of good reviews and one bad one and remark that you will never please that person. Having said that I will list the positive and the negative for this hotel. The hotel is quite new, I believe around two years old, the rooms are a good size and very clean. The bathroom is clean, well appointed, including hair dryer, but two people could never be in this bathroom at the same time. SMALL. No coffee maker in the room. They do have coffee in the lobby with to go cups as early as six that I saw. Beer glasses that were never changed with house keeping service.

This hotel is immediately across from the main train station in Dresden. A plus coming in on trains but our problem started with the station. We checked in on September 24th and we were given a room on the front of the hotel facing the train station one floor up from the ground floor. The room is equipped with an air conditioning unit that says it will not operate with the window open. We opened our window to cool off the VERY warm room. But we could hear the trams that go by the front of the hotel frequently and anyone walking by one floor down who was smoking the smoke wafted up into our room. So we shut the window and turned on the air conditioner. The room just got warmer and warmer. We unpack all of our luggage and went to dinner and came back and got into pajamas. The room was EXTREMELY warm. We called the front desk and a trainee who was delightful came up into the room to check if we were using the air con correctly and commented on how hot the room was. She said she would call maintenance and also see if she could get a fan. She called back to say everyone had gone home from maintenance (it was Sunday night) and that there were no fans and the air conditioning system had been shut off for the season. But if we wanted to get out of bed and move two weeks worth of luggage across the hall we could to the back side of the hotel and that way we could open our window to cool off the room. We did this as it was HOT in our room and she had stated when she came up to check on the temperature. I just confirmed 30 minutes ago with the front desk that they turned off the air conditioning for the SEASON around September 19th. So if you want a really cool room without outside air/smoke etc. that won't be possible book a different hotel and if you do book a room you VERY much will want it to be on the back of the hotel to not have the tram noise. Now they run all night, but I'm guessing not that frequently.

When we checked in I thought that I had booked a room with breakfast but didn't, but we were told that she would check into it. After the room debacle I thought I was told that breakfast would be included because of us having to move rooms. It was not.

Breakfast is quite good, but EXPENSIVE and we were never told how much it was until I had the 81 EURO charge on check out. 20 EURO for two people for breakfast when we only spent about 15 euro for dinner at an Asian restaurant nightly.

The front desk woman would not remove the charge from our bill and said the trainee did not have any authority to comp our breakfast. She said we were better off with the room change than the front room I.e. The furnace (my word), and so no compensation for the inconvenience of moving all our crap at 10 at night after traveling all day on a train. Bad form......

The trainee was delightful and tried to help as much as possible, but if the hotel is not going to give her any authority, then they should not have her interacting with guests. This is not her fault.

Bottle line, clean, new hotel, if you stay MAKE SURE you stay on the back side, don't plan on AC after September even if you need it, expensive albeit tasty breakfast that you could spend your euro elsewhere. The restaurant in general was expensive as we never ate dinner there from just looking at menu and very reasonable places within short ten minute walk.

Look around, you can probably get as good if not better room (just looked on trip advisor Hilton 80 euro versus 70 euro for this hotel for same period and Hilton in much more centrally located area.

Room Tip: If you stay insist on the back side of hotel. Don't book it if you can't have back.
  • Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
Susann S, Manager at IntercityHotel Dresden, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2017

Dear guests,

First I thank you for your feedback and I deeply apologize for the inconveniences that occurred during your stay.
Please excuse my delayed answer but I just wanted to take the chance to talk to my front office staff and analyzed your given feedback and explanations.
I understand your displeasure concerning the warm room for sure but I also want to make clear, that the air-conditioning system hadn´t been shut off for the season. Our company fulfill the criteria for a corporate responsibility program to save resources and contribute environment protection. That is why we raise the basic temperature of the air-conditioning system to 22 degrees instead of 18 in summer. I am so sorry that this setting might be a wrong decision in your case. We hadn´t any complaints before so that we wasn´t in the situation thinking about any other appointment for changing the setting. I would like to assure you that this was an exception.
Furthermore I regret that our menu didn´t meet your expectations.
But I am also very disappointed that our high-quality menu was compared with the one of an Asian fast food outlet. For sure you can have dinner buffet there (cost approx. 5€ p.p.) but anyone could know which quality can be expected.

Apart from that, you received a room upgrade free of charge to our business category as our redemption for the warm room.
It is a pleasure for me to read that you felt well treated by my trainee. She is very willing and helpful but she also told me that she overemphasized that your breakfast is not complimentary. She has never offered this to you. She is of course able to handle complaints and redemption offers and discounts in guide-lined rules of my hotel. But she has not the permission to offer complimentary achievements.
Nevertheless, you had booked your room reservation without breakfast and at check in you decided to take our breakfast special for the whole stay. During your stay you called my front office clerk and asked whether you have to pay for something or if anything is already paid. She provided you with the information that you have an open balance for breakfast and city tax. Regrettably, you were checked out without paying anything and I can´t accept this. That´s not the right way to clarify matters. In this case we are obliged to register you at our city government office as tax debtors.
I kindly ask you to contact me again and tell me your credit card details to pay the open balance. Otherwise, you will be blacklisted in all the hotels of our company and negatively noticed at the city tax office in Dresden.

I am so sorry that you didn´t give me a chance to talk with you and offer you anything or explain the circumstances on site.
Please rest assured that we take your feedback seriously and will further discuss it within our management team as your satisfaction is our top priority.
But we also pointed out that we did our best to make your stay comfortable after the starting issues.
Now it is your turn to pay your utilized achievements to conclude this process.

I really hope that my feedback animates you to think about your behavior and makes you see reasons.
Shouldn´t we receive your answer or payment details until 12th of October we are forced to take futher actions.

Yours faithfully,