“It has its pro's and Cons!”

IntercityHotel Dresden
Ranked #21 of 118 Hotels in Dresden
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Pro's- If you have a 5 AM train to catch and for a short stay- Just roll out of bed and cross the tracks and you are at the station. Good Breakfast!. They give you a tram ticket- good for the tourist zone- nice perk but no one ever asked to see my ticket when I got on and offthe tram??
Business class hotel- My room had the most outlets for plugging in and charging all of my devices ( computer, cell phone, etc). Surprisingly quiet for proximity to the train station. Heated towel rack in the bathroom. Toiletries- soap in wall dispensor- nothing else.
Cons-Room Sparse- No real decor. One pillow, one towel, Hard Mattress, Water Bottle- 4 Euro, Internet Costs,- Never asked how much since I knew it would be expensive).Try a Tepe Mobile Hot Spot- See my review for this elsewhere- a better way to travel with pre-paid mobile internet.
Limited TV Stations. Breakfast was very good. I got a "Autumn Deal- where I got a "free drink", and 1 "free dinner" on the night of my choice- Was misleading because the waitress literally told me what I was eating i.e. " tomato soup, bratworst with potato's"- that was it- The resaurant on site had a menu that I could see other customers could order from which had a variety of foods- but when I asked if there were any other "choices" - now I don't speak German- but I think I was pretty clear after holding up the menu that she could see that I was aksing for a choice of selections- she told me that was it- I asked if I could speak with the manager and after several back and forth trips to the kitchen- they finally asked me "what I would like".- I have never worked so hard for a meal- at least a choice of 2 selections at the mnimum would have sufficed since I could see that nothing was really all that expensive off the regular menu- so beware if you get a room that includes " a dinner included" My beverage choice could have been a soft drink or wine- I think?? I chose a pepsi. There is an Asian restaurant next door to the hotel which looked like it was doing good business and there are other places to eat along a nearby promenade. On my next trip to Dresden- a wonderfull city to visit- now that I see how easy it easy to navigate I think I will stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed October 27, 2012

Very convenient positioned just opposite to the railway station (still not too loud). Friendly staff, nice, spacious and clean rooms. Free public city transport ticket is included. Excellent value for money. Would certainly come again!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 12, 2012

I stayed at the hotel over Sunday and Monday as part of a deal which included, two nights B&B, free travel pass for the city, a candlelight two course dinner and a welcome bowl of fruit in the room. The price was excellent and the room was clean and functional. Although the dinner was without candle and I was the only diner in the restaurant, the food was good and the bowl of fruit on arrival, very welcome. The travel vouchers were perfect to get around the city easily because the centre, even with a fast walk, was at least 20 mins from the hotel. Breakfast was extremely busy at eight in the morning, I could not find a table and came back 30 minutes later when the dining room was half empty. The food was excellent and fresh, no complaints.

Room Tip: My room overlooked the Wiener Platz, very little noise because it is pedestrianised.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 7, 2012

The hotel is directly oposite the train station which is as convenient as you can get. Friendly reception with free sweets on the counter and nice clean rooms. You get a free public transport pass for the duration of your visit which is usefull but not necessary as the hotel is only a brisk 10 minute walk from the centre. Breakfast is great with a full English and continental choice available. The only downside was no tea and coffee facilities in the rooms but it is not worth marking it down for that small fault.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Teddygrabber
Reviewed August 19, 2012

The rooms are very nice, clean and comfortable.. the staff are very helpful and really made us feel welcome . The hotel has a great location which is just outside the train station as well as a tram stop. The hotel provides you with a free travel pass which allows you to travel in the S-bahn, buses and trams so its a great advantage. Its also covenient to go over to the food court in the hotel for breakfast or dinner.... we would love to go back again

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 10, 2012

We arrived and were promptly checked in and all our questions were answered confidently. The hotel is in a great location, just opposite the Main Station and the Tram stop is just out the front.

A bonus when you stay the the IC Hotels is you get free train and tram and bus for the whole stay.

The room and building is very modern. I think it was less then a few years old.

I would recommend staying at this hotel again.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 4, 2012

The hotel was amazing! The rooms perfect, the staff friendly and helpful, its position incredible and the food delicious! ALSO the hotel gives a free ticket that can be used in the S-bahn, busses etc for all the time you are in the hotel!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family