Pro's- If you have a 5 AM train to catch and for a short stay- Just roll out of bed and cross the tracks and you are at the station. Good Breakfast!. They give you a tram ticket- good for the tourist zone- nice perk but no one ever asked to see my ticket when I got on and offthe tram??
Business class hotel- My room had the most outlets for plugging in and charging all of my devices ( computer, cell phone, etc). Surprisingly quiet for proximity to the train station. Heated towel rack in the bathroom. Toiletries- soap in wall dispensor- nothing else.
Cons-Room Sparse- No real decor. One pillow, one towel, Hard Mattress, Water Bottle- 4 Euro, Internet Costs,- Never asked how much since I knew it would be expensive).Try a Tepe Mobile Hot Spot- See my review for this elsewhere- a better way to travel with pre-paid mobile internet.
Limited TV Stations. Breakfast was very good. I got a "Autumn Deal- where I got a "free drink", and 1 "free dinner" on the night of my choice- Was misleading because the waitress literally told me what I was eating i.e. " tomato soup, bratworst with potato's"- that was it- The resaurant on site had a menu that I could see other customers could order from which had a variety of foods- but when I asked if there were any other "choices" - now I don't speak German- but I think I was pretty clear after holding up the menu that she could see that I was aksing for a choice of selections- she told me that was it- I asked if I could speak with the manager and after several back and forth trips to the kitchen- they finally asked me "what I would like".- I have never worked so hard for a meal- at least a choice of 2 selections at the mnimum would have sufficed since I could see that nothing was really all that expensive off the regular menu- so beware if you get a room that includes " a dinner included" My beverage choice could have been a soft drink or wine- I think?? I chose a pepsi. There is an Asian restaurant next door to the hotel which looked like it was doing good business and there are other places to eat along a nearby promenade. On my next trip to Dresden- a wonderfull city to visit- now that I see how easy it easy to navigate I think I will stay elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The InterCityHotel Dresden, located in the city centre opposite the main station, extends a welcome to its guests. Discover the historic city with the Frauenkirche and the Zwinger or the city's shopping mile "Prager Strasse", on your trip to Dresden.The city's exhibition grounds are also in the immediate vicinity of the InterCityHotel. With the FreeCityTicket for use of the local public transport, already included in the price of your room, there is nothing more in the way of your business appointment or your sightseeing program. You can also use this to travel on the Elbe ferries or to visit Pillnitz Castle.156 Well furnished rooms and the 6 spacious studios of the InterCityHotel with modern design ensure your comfort and relaxation by the end of an eventful day. Our 4 conference rooms provide the ideal background for both smaller presentations and major conferences with catering for up to 120 participants. For all InterCityHotels concerned the usage of the WLAN is free of charge up to 256 KB/s. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your IntercityHotel Dresden reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercityhotel Hotel Dresden
- Dresden Intercityhotel Hotel