“Great tour. Poor service in restaurant”

The Transparent Factory of Volkswagen
Ranked #5 of 48 Tours in Dresden
Budapest
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Great tour. Poor service in restaurant”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

This was one of the highlights of a months long motorcycle tour of Europe. The tour of the factory was great, even so the productions was stopped.

After the tour we went to enjoy some of the famous VW Currywurst and some cake. Twenty minutes after placing our order I inquired as to the status. I got a short: "Kommt gleich" (coming soon) I'll spare you the other details, but it took 1 1/2 hours to get Germany's number one fast food item, Sausage and a slice of cake that was located in a display on the counter that we sat at. I saw a Manager looking gentleman and ask for his help during the wait. After half a sentence he interrupted me and thanked me for understanding that they are busy around lunchtime...

VW is doing a great job building fine cars and running a world class operation, why ruin the image with poor restaurant service?

Visited May 2013

25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“A Car Factory??”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

As we had some spare time one afternoon my wife suggested we take the tour of this factory. I resisted of course as what is the big deal with a car factory but once again she prevailed. Boy, was I glad she did. What an amazing place this is, there is no other like it in the world. We had to wait in the coffee shop for a few minutes while a tour group of English speakers were organized and then be began the tour. Our young guide was very knowledgable about the unique processes and procedures used here and was always willing to stop and answer questions. We found that there is a direct Trolley Line from Old Town Dresden to the Transparent Factory and back so there is really no reason for a person not to experience this. Or if one has a multi-day pass on the Big Red Bus, it stops at the Factory as well.

Visited December 2012
2 Thank cruisincal
Wolfsburg, Germany
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 106 helpful votes
“... a must when you are in Dresden !!!”
Reviewed December 22, 2012

You won=t believe this is a final Assembly "shop" of a car factory !!! This place is an adventure. I also recommend the restaurant there!

Visited December 2012
Berlin, Germany
46 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 68 helpful votes
“Glass factory for Volkswagen cars in City Centre”
Reviewed December 21, 2012

It is almost like a monument in the City's centre. This unique structure prominently occupying 4-6 City blocks looks more like a hi-tech laboratory,where white-coated staff assemble with loving care top of the line Volkswagen Phaeton model and the similar Bentley- Flying-Spur ! It is really worth taking an excursion through the space age facilities !

Visited September 2012
2 Thank Geomeller
Prague, Czech Republic
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Really unique experience”
Reviewed December 7, 2012

Museum is in pedestrian reach from city center. It is big complex included factory exposition of Phaethon, some interactive computer board with information about factory process. Everything is explained in popular polite way with funny comparison. I really enjoyed small cinema in big ball, there is video archive of the best commercial spots divided acording to cars and history.

Visited April 2012