“All you need in the best place!”

Ibis Budget Dresden City
Ranked #14 of 118 Hotels in Dresden
GreenLeadersGold level
Petropolis, RJ
“All you need in the best place!”
Reviewed March 7, 2014

Of course Ibis Budget is a very simple hotel, but it was all I needed, in the best place of Dresden. Very clean, the recepcionists very helpful and almost all speak english very well. When I went to Prague my bagage was left there without any cost. The breakfast is good and cheaper. Moreover, it is located in Altmarket Gallery, the best shopping in Dresden and the trains are in the hotel door. The localization is wonderful and I visited all the touristic points on foot. If I will return to Dresden I will stay there again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Mahone Bay, Canada
Reviewed March 5, 2014

The hotel is located in a huge shopping centre with lots of choice for places to eat if you don't want to go far. Across for the hotel on Wilsdrufferstrasse is a great take away spot to sample that favourite German snack food: the currywurst with fries.

The hotel is easily reached from the central station by tram to Postplatz which is one of the main transfer points in Dresden. In front of the station and at Postplatz are offices of the transport system where all the tickets for the system and brochures can be obtained. The area is very safe and there were lots of people about at all hours.

Check in is seamless and friendly. You pay upfront and receive an access code for the room. My room was small, but super clean and well equipped. The shower and sink are not in a separate room. I was traveling by myself and stayed one week, so I was fine, but I can easily see it might be claustrophobic for a couple with a child or three adults. There was a double bed with a single bunk bed over it and no other place to sit.

I took the breakfast for EUR 7.50 per day and found it to be worth it. The coffee was the best I had anywhere on my trip; you brew it yourself from a machine. On my last day (a Saturday) the breakfast area was very crowded and the staff were having a little trouble to keep up, but it all worked out.

There is a computer terminal for guest use for free in the lobby which I found very useful since I did not have a laptop with me. Lots of people were using their laptops and phones next door in the shopping centre.

All the major sights are located within easy walking distance of the hotel. Be sure to take the train to Meissen to see the beautiful old town and the Meissen china museum. In good weather an excursion to Bad Schandau and the Upper Elbe valley is well worth it. A day pass for the
greater Dresden area (up to the Czech border) costs EUR 13.50, a family pass is EUR 18.50.

I would gladly stay in this hotel again as a single person for an extended holiday and look forward to seeing Dresden and Saxony again.

Room Tip: My room was at the back. No noise and no buildings facing.
3 Thank wiederaufachse
Tokyo, Japan
Reviewed February 28, 2014

It was 35 euros per night in a single use.
I reached from Dresden Airport by train and tram #1 or #2 via Dresden Mitte.
The tram stopped at Postplatz, and the hotel was just located in front.
After checking out, I went trough the shopping mall and got tram #8 to Hauptbahnhof.
You can use three tram lines to Hauptbahnhof, but #8 is the best.
The hotel room was simple and clean. There are things what travelers need.
If you need a hair dryer, you may have it with 10 euros deposit.
As the hotel is adjoining to a big shopping mall, you can have easy meals or buy some drinks at supermarkets.
If you want a room facing to the main street, Wilsdruffer Strasse, you may ask an even-numbered room.

Room Tip: Even-numbered rooms are facing to the main street. Odd-numbered rooms are other side and much quie...
1 Thank 1100PlumGrove
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed February 26, 2014 via mobile

We stayed two nights in this hotel. We had to pay 7:50 and 12 euros for wifi for a total of 19.5 euros over the advertised base price. The room we stayed was a no frills place with ok pillows and just comfortable bed. The best part is the location which is terrific. If I were to stay here again I would skip the breakfast and the wifi. I wish also there wee proper chairs to sit. We were there with a toddler and we felt this was not a good room for families with infants. The infant bed was a bunk bed and we were worried about our daughter falling down. So from that point room was not optimal although I am sure this would be fine for couples without children. We were also given a room for handicapped persons and this was terrible as our toddler kept pressing the emergency help button and the showers were not optimal.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Leamington Spa, UK
Reviewed February 24, 2014

I stayed here for a week with work recently and can definitely recommend it. Very central and convenient for shops, bars, restaurants and the wonderful Dresden tram system. At 49 euros/night for two it is a bargain. Very modern and quiet and with a very comfortable double bed, it ticks all the budget boxes. A good buffet breakfast is served in the cafeteria from 6.30 in the week for €7.50. Restarant Max just over the road is worth trying as well.

Room Tip: All rooms are identical I think
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Prague
Reviewed February 14, 2014

Stayed here for a night, but absolutely loved it!

1) Location is just perfect: right in between the old town and main train station, the area is clean, great public transportation connection, huge shopping mall and plenty of dining options in the neighbourhood.

2) Check-in is quick, staff is polite, you complete the form, pay the bill (they didn't ask me for any deposit when I paid in cash) and they give you an original invoice, where on the right corner you can find your room number and a key-code.

3) Room was small, but smart and bright, because of a huge window. I was travelling by myself and had no discomfort with a fact that there was not particular bathroom and washbasin and shower tube are located right in a room. For me the only dislike was, that the floor wasn't washed: probably they use a vacuum cleaner when make up the room, but they forget about an old good mop... The quality of sleep was good, even though the windows seemed not to be soundproof, but I believe in is a problem of German hotel's in general.

All in all it was a good experience and for the money I paid I couldn't ask for more, honestly I didn't even expect to get, what I've got. Dresden is a lovely compact city and I know for sure, if I will be back there one day, I will have no hesitation where to stay. And more over I already checked where else in Europe cities they have Ibis Budget chain...

1 Thank Vicky R
Moscow, Moscow City, Russia
Reviewed February 14, 2014

This was the best-priced option just in the centre of Dresden and not far away from the railway station as well. We stayed there 1 night in a standard double and were very pleased. The room design is very original, in modern-style. The room is very clean and bright. What we liked most was the big window. But beware, the shower cabin and the washbowl are located in the room itself! We found it very stylish but not everyone might like it. By the way, there are no keys to the room: You get an electronic passcode.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple