Ways to Experience Albertinum
from $85.99
More Info
from $132.29
More Info
All reviews otto dix gerhard richter modern art van gogh sculpture hall german art great collection art lovers toulouse lautrec gallery space impressionist paintings lowest floor on display temporary exhibition the upper floors first floor alte meister
Selected filters
Reviewed November 8, 2019

This museum has an art collection that covers centuries. We did not plan enough time for the visit and regretted it deeply. Make sure to pay a visit to the statues too.

Date of experience: November 2019
Reviewed October 13, 2019

This place is so highly recommended but we were disappointed. The art was of a low quality and we were glad this was included in our Museum card and we had not paid €12 to enter. The building itself was the best part.

Date of experience: October 2019
1  Thank wombatdavid
Reviewed September 24, 2019

Just another building? No, these buildings are magnificate. enter them admire the restructure. Designers, masons, artists have been at work here

Date of experience: September 2019
Reviewed September 8, 2019

I really do not know where to start and where to finish. An excellent museum with a great variety of artwork for all artistic "tastes". The lowest floor contained modern art exhibits that were very interesting for the artists of this style, not so much for the classic art fans. Then one can visit the upper floors, where we had an astonishing experience. ALL museum guards were watching closely our behaviour (as they should), byt they were also guiding us on the paintings contents themselves. I was personally has an exquisite experience with one of the museum guards that explained to me the allegoric and prophetic contents of the painting "The Thousand Year Empire", by Hans Grundig, a 4-fold painting which prophesied what would happen to the 3rd Reich regime and Germany. There were no other visitors at the time so this museum guard explained to me the details of this painting. In spite of the fact that I speak few German myself I realized the importance of this artwork and its amazing strength and historical value. Bravo to the Museum Management and the supervising guards. I attach the picture of this amazing painting.

Date of experience: June 2019
Reviewed August 31, 2019

I do love this art museum- my favourite in Dresden. But I must humbly dock them a star while a large part is closed for rehanging or renovation. Still full price, and though I did look around, no mention of the partial closure could be found around the entrance or cash desk. Anyhow, you may see some 'filler' in here- it is a large building. The best part is that it's not too 'samey'. Many styles and genres of paintings and sculpture. The paintings in the Max Klinger sculpture hall however are hung very high, and often have lights shining right on them which makes them hard to see clearly. Still, you'll see stuff here you'll likely not see anywhere else.

Date of experience: August 2019