1,681 results
All reviews glass shower floor to ceiling windows train station old town clear glass the main shopping street rooms are small accor hotels the upper floors shopping area nice hotel beds were comfortable two night stay breakfast was excellent up to date deluxe room an upgrade
Reviewed August 7, 2018

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Adrian A, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Pullman Dresden Newa, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2018

Reviewed August 6, 2018

The Pullman Dresden is walking distance from the train station and local attractions. Shopping and restaurants are right at your door step.

Friendly and helpful staff.

Nice room with great view towards the old town.

• Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 6, 2018 via mobile

The hotel has nice location room are well designed and comfortable.

The hotel location is almost near to most of the places you need to visit 15 minutes walk at max

Please note that there is no swimming pool in the hotel and no fridge in the room.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family

We would like to kindly thank you for submitting your impressions of your stay in our hotel. On the one hand it is correct, that we have no pool in the hotel, this is simply not possible because of architectural circumstances. However, our guests can use the large indoor pool in the "Fitness First" Gym next to our hotel for a small fee.
Also it is not quite right, that the hotel rooms have no fridge. The rooms in our Deluxe and Junior Suite Category have a minibar wich you can also use as fridge.
We simply dont want to damage the environment with over 300 fridges that run the whole day.

Reviewed August 6, 2018

The Pullmann Dresden Newa is located very close to the main train station of Dresden in the "Prager Straße", which is a well known shopping area and also some shopping centers are very close to the hotel. If you follow that street, you walk to the Old Town, where most of the tourist attractions are in less than 15 Minutes. The location of the place is almost perfect.
The rooms are small, I would say about 2.5 Meters wide. I had a Deluxe Room and according to their website it is 23 sqm, which is the same size as any other room. Still I was happy with my room, it was quiet, the bed was good, the air condition worked well even at a very hot day and the Nespresso Maschine (one of the Deluxe features) made me a much better coffee than the one I got at breakfast. Also the WLan was good and reliable and I could work well in the room, even if I found the desk a bit small.
The bathroom is not fully separated from the main room, no door to close - some who may want privacy in the bathroom could be less satisfied. But it definitely is more stylish and nicer this way.
Check-in and Check out was efficient and professional. For security reasons you need the room key to use the elevator, but with one key every floor can be accessed, not only the one where the room is. That makes it a bit "pseudo secure" because someone can sneak in with other people and just press any button.
Nevertheless, location and rooms are good and I would recommend.
But as said there are points which I disliked.
I do understand that a hotel tries to optimize a pricing, but I paid double the price for the second night (Friday to Saturday) than the night before. Yes, it was pretty booked, many groups of tourists, but more than 150 euro for a night I found overpriced.
I arrived by car, the garage costs 21 Euro on top, but it is not accessible by a lift. You need to leave the hotel and walk a small stairway down to your car to come into a not very nice looking garage. When I checked in, no one told me that there is no lift, so I went to the garage and realized that I had to carry my luggage upstairs.
Alternatively I could have parked in front of the hotel, but I did not do that because of the hot temperatures.
The third thing I disliked was the breakfast. I really regret that I booked it. I do not complain that it is crowded when I come at a peak time. I also do not complain about the selection, I did not miss anything. But the quality of the ingredients, be it coffee (pre cooked on the table), bread, ham or what ever was low. If you buy your food at a local discounter, you will be happy with the breakfast because you will find it just like home.
in Germany we have a saying "weniger ist mehr" and I would prefer a smaller selection (even so it was not super big), but better quality. But don´t change for me, I will not book a breakfast again. There are many bakery shops around which offer decent breakfast as well.
Btw, I did not test the restaurant for lunch or dinner, after the breakfast experience I did not expect any good and the prices where a bit upscale. A few meters away in the street you find plenty of restaurants from cheap to mid price and quality

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled with friends
Adrian A, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Pullman Dresden Newa, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2018

Thank you for your very detailed review of your stay in our hotel. We are happy that you liked the location and as well other things like the internet connection, the room and the air condition.

As you already noticed, our prices for accomodation can change during some days. Espacially on weekends we are way more booked. Also we want to let you know, that we rent our parking space by another company so we can not make the price smaller by ourself.
We are also very sure that we offer a very high standard breakfast but we are sory that you were not really satisfied with the qualitiy. Over all we hope that you still enjoyed your stay and will visit us again.

Reviewed August 3, 2018

We stayed overnight during our trip trough Germany. The stay itself was ok, but one colleague of the front office desk made it exemplary!

I had forgotten something in my room that I needed back as fast as possible. However, as we were traveling by bike and already 70km from Dresden when I found out that we were missing something, it was not just so simple as to go back and fetch it.

After calling in, one member of the Pullman front office team went to personally check my room, found the item and arranged shipping to another hotel further on our trip. He helped to make up my mistake in the best way possible!

• Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple

Hello,

we would like to kindly thank you for submitting your impressions of your stay in our hotel. We are happy that we could help you with your lost item.