Ibis Dresden Konigstein
$102
$98
Priceline
  • Restaurant
All reviewstrain stationchose ibistypical ibisfree wifimain stationold townwalking streetprager strassebudget hotelparking placeroom ratebreakfast roompleasant staylarge hotellovely cityan easy walkbreakfast choices
Reviewed October 22, 2011

The walk from the main Dresden train station took five minutes. Since I take public transportation and carry a backpack, this is an ideal situation. The hotel is located on a pedestrian only street, and is quiet at night. The staff were proficient in English and quite helpful. The room was clean with newer furnishings. The breakfast was the best of my 2 week trip and included both hot and cold items. Along with the reasonable price, I think this is good deal.

One minor issue is the tiny bathroom. People with BMI over 30 might find the bathroom uncomfortably small. Some might also find the elevator on the small side as well.

Reviewed October 20, 2011

The Konigstein is one of three identical Ibis hotels in the centre of Dresden. I have used it once in the past and before that the adjacent Bastei. The Konigstein is now the only one of the three with a restuarant and the food there was of a good standard, particularly the breakfast, and could not be faulted. The rooms were clean, refurbished to current Ibis standards and quiet. It was allegedly air conditioned but it was not possile to reduce the heat of the room until I found an "old fashioned" radiator beneath the work area which I was able to turn down.

On arrival, the reception team did not seem overjoyed to see my Accor Favorite Guest card and even less happy about the 80 euros worth of Accor vouchers I produced and also seemed surprised when I told them I would pay the remainder of the blll in cash. I aslo had to ask them for my welcome drink voucher. I did not see these two staff again during my 2 day stay and the other reception staff were pleasant and helpful. There were two other downsides, firstly the cost of the internet at around 12 euros for 24 hours, I was not prepared to use the internet at that price. I then found a bottle of water in my room with 2 glasses, the bottle had a label on it and when I turned this round it had a price tag of 4.50 euros on it. This was extortionate and I feel should have been offered gratis.

Having said all this, the hotel was good value for money, 5 minutes walk from the station, right in the main shopping area and close to the historic centre. I will stay there again but I will be looking for improvements!

1  Thank Trevor0510
A TripAdvisor Member
New York City, New York, USA
Reviewed October 18, 2011

Location of this hotel is perfect. I came on a bus from Berlin and it was less than 10 min walk to the hotel. There are plenty of malls and stores as well as places to eat around this hotel. It is a 10 min walk to all major attractions.

The negative about this hotel is that beds are too firm. I had a back pain for awhile every morning and pillows are too soft.

To summarize, it is a pretty decent hotel and a good value for your money.

Reviewed September 22, 2011

This hotel was clean and close to shops (located inthe shopping mall), old town and a easy walk from the train station with luggage. Breakfast was not included in the price so you had to pay extra if you wanted it. The room was not very spaccious for three but had A/C which was needed.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 8, 2011

i liked the tall buidings with the view, the rooms have been renovated, however there is a significant step up to the bathroom. i liked the close proximity to shopping and the main train station. The breakfast wasn´t included with the hotel stay which disappointed us.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple