Hotel Taschenbergpalais Kempinski
$104
Hilton
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
INNSIDE by Melia Dresden(Dresden)
$92
$97
$114
$94
1,487 results
All reviewsformer palacereal palaceice skatingturn down servicehigh ceilingssemper opergreen vaultbeautiful hoteldeluxe roombath and showerinner courtyardopera housean upgradeperfect locationpublic areashistoric dresdenrooms are large
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I had the pleasure of staying at The Taschenbergpalais Kempinski for three nights in December last year. I had booked this hotel as a personal gift to myself for celebrating my PhD defense.

The hotel is places quite centrally in Dresden, walking distance from the main Christmas marked.
The lobby was large and decorated aptly with Christmas décor.
The check in was swift and effective. I did not have to ask to get my complimentary upgrade (as a GHA plat), and my welcome gift was a fruit plate.
The 45sqm large deluxe-room had a smallish bastardbed (I suspect they gave it to me since I was a single traveler, even though I specified that I wanted I double sized bed), but luckily of fair quality. The bathroom and toilet seemed quite dated, and the television vas placed on a wall facing the side of the bed (quite strange). The rest of the room had quite basic interior, and the Nespresso-machine came with a note claiming every Nespresso-capsule to cost and additional 2E. I must confess such micro-managing is not to my liking, I would rather pay 10E more for my room to have unlimited use of the coffee-machine.
I did not opt for breakfast, as I had food on the marked every day, but I did try the Karl May bar, which at happy hour, was of great value with reasonably priced cocktails of high quality.
The hotel did not have a gym, but they have a pool in Olympic size.
If I ever will be back in Dresden, I will consider booking elsewhere, since this was low QPR, however if would not be fair to rate the hotel lower than 4 points as of basic value. .

• Stayed: December 2017, traveled solo
Team_Taschenberg, Manager at Hotel Taschenbergpalais Kempinski, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you so much for choosing our Taschenbergpalais Kempinski last year for celebrating your PhD defense. Congratulations! I am pleased to read that you enjoyed our wonderful location in the historic city center and you experienced a memorable Christmas time.
I am very sorry that you were not fully satisfied with the room upgrade you received. The hotel was reconstructed according to the original construction plans and every room is shaped differently. Due to the high occupancy in the festive winter season it might had happened that we were not able to provide double sized beds for some of our guests.

On behalf of the entire staff of Karl May Bar, I would like to thank you for your more than kind words. We are always striving to provide the best service and the most comfortable stay for our guests and reading your review confirms our efforts are worthwhile.

I would be happy to welcome you another time at the Taschenbergpalais to get the chance to show you the complete range of our quality.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Our worst stay in a luxury hotel ever! Disastrous experience with unfriendly and incompetent personal at all levels and a terrible hotel infrastructure being under construction with terrible noise even on Saturday and Sunday from before 9am. Leaving there we regretted to already have had booked San Clemente Palace Kempinski a week later as we decided never to use Kempinski again. But San Clemente made more than up for it and we plan to come back to San Clemente Palace Kempinski but NEVER again to Kempinski Taschenberg Palais Dresden.
This information about Dresden should be passed on to the top Management of Kempinski to take care of the situation in Dresden. At least future guests might benefit, as we will NEVER stay there again.

Room Tip: Try to avaoid this hotel if you spend a lot of money
  • Stayed: May 2018, traveled with family
Team_Taschenberg, Manager at Hotel Taschenbergpalais Kempinski, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

I am truly sorry that you weren't satisfied with our service and I can ensure you that this does not reflect our standard at all.

Rest assured that I have already talked with the persons in charge to prevent further incidents like this in the future.

I deeply regret that you weren't able to enjoy your stay at Taschenbergpalais Kempinski. We aim to make every guest content and I regret we could not convince you of that.

With best regards

Reviewed May 18, 2018

This kempinski hotel is perfect! In walking distance are all the phantastic buildings
(Castle, zwinger etc), Museums, gallerys, churches (frauenkirche - one of the most impressive churches in the world)
We had a wonderful suite, big bathroom, seperate restroom, good bed
Excellent breakfast - buffet or individual service
We had dinner at the Palais Bistro:
Food was very good : fresh oysters (9) Euro 36
Rumpsteak Euro 24. Euro 1 extra for a piece of garlic butter (1) !
The staff were all young people, obviously not everyone working

long in that business

Stayed: May 2018

Thank you very much for your positive review of the Taschenbergpalais Kempinski Dresden.

I am very happy to hear that you benefited from our location in the heart of the city and were fully satisfied with the service we provided for you.
We are constantly striving to make our guests stay as comfortable and enjoyable as possible. Reading your kind words has confirmed we are going in the right direction.

It would be a great pleasure to welcome you again at the Taschenbergpalais.

Reviewed May 1, 2018

The hotel is very large and quite nice. It has a "wow" factor and a sensational location - beside all the major museums. Hey, it may well be Dresden's best?
Positives:
1. The staff - I want to especially highlight Sarah, a bell person at the hotel front. She helped with heavy suitcases, directions and advice. Thanks so much Sarah. You are a major asset to he hotel.
2. The hotel exterior "look" - it is a lovely hotel.
3. Breakfast - we enjoyed the buffet and good service. Lots of choices.
4. Room? Our small room was clean and modern.
One big negative:
1. The hotel locks the AC thermostat at 18 as the lowest setting - and shuts off or regulates the AC at night. It was warm in Dresden when we visited and our room got so hot each night that we had to open a window. This allowed some street noise, of course. After 8pm, our room was stuffy and oppressive. C'mon hotel management, you can do better this at your luxury property. It may cause the electric bill to rise, but the guests are worth the minor cost.

In short, I would never stay here again because of the AC issue. Great hotel with AC issues.

• Stayed: April 2018, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay at the Taschenbergpalais Kempinski Dresden.

On behalf of the entire hotel staff, I would like to thank you for your more than kind words. We are always striving to provide the best service and the most comfortable stay for our guests and reading your review confirms our efforts are worth while. I am more than pleased to share your feedback with the whole team.

Regarding the air conditioning issue you mentioned, I kindly would like to apologize for any inconvenience you experienced. Please be assured that I have forwarded your comment to our Chief engineer to initiate further steps to prevent any reoccurrences.

I really do hope that we will have the possibility in the future to welcome you again and provide a more suitable temperature in your room.

Reviewed April 30, 2018

I know that the damage to the vehicle will be fully paid, but our visit of Dresden was unhappily marked by this event. We were disappointed, there was no compensation to have better stay, after the damage. We did not accept at all three pieces of the fruit in the room. We hoped that five star hotel has batter guest care. The worst experience was on the reception desk during the checked out. Unfortunately, it was our last stay in your hotel after this unacceptable experience.

• Stayed: April 2018, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Vladimír Ř

Dear Vladimir,

Thank you so much for staying at Taschenbergpalais Kempinski.

I am truly sorry that you were not satisfied with our service and that our compensation did not fully meet your expectations. I can ensure you that this does not reflect our standard at all. Rest assured that the issue with your car was not a wantonly damage. Naturally, I have already talked with the persons in charge to prevent further incidents like this in the future.