1,563 results
All reviews former palace real palace turn down service high ceilings semper oper green vault opera house wonderful room deluxe room bath and shower inner courtyard beautiful hotel an upgrade perfect location public areas historic dresden rooms are large
Reviewed March 23, 2016 via mobile

Despite the fact the hotel is already open since 1994 and the design can have a bit of an upgrade the overall ambience is great. Staying in an old Palais opposite Zwinger and Opera House it can't be better. Efficient service, comfortable beds (be aware that some King beds are joined Twin beds!) and awesome views (if you a pay a little extra!). We stayed on second floor with 4m high ceilings :). The pool is a little small, so is the gym, but Dresden has so many attractions that you won't need it anyways. Breakfast was great, good selection. On weekends avoid coming too late as the place is packed and they open two more outlets with not the best service and selections. The tables are also very small and you won't have space to spread your stuff. We will come again because of the warm hospitality and good location!

Stayed: March 2016, traveled with friends
1  Thank Worldwanderer83
Reviewed March 9, 2016 via mobile

We got fabulous service from this hotel even before we arrived. The concierge made dinner reservations, helped w guide advice, and got tickets for us. The hotel has several restaurants (we went to the Sophienkeller, which has great ambience), not including the terrific breakfast buffet. The pool is gorgeous, even if Yu aren't much of a swimmer. The location can't be beat. My only complaints would be that the lobby is a bit odd looking, there aren't many drawers for your clothes, and the shower area of the bathroom has nowhere to hang a towel. These are tiny complaints, and we loved the place. Highly recommend!

Stayed: March 2016
1  Thank mkg2805
Reviewed March 5, 2016

Visited Dresden for business meeting in February 2016. The building is historic and services were excellent. We arrived early morning and we were given the room right away despite checkin hours being being post 2 PM. I enjoyed every moment of my stay here.

• Stayed: February 2016, traveled on business
Reviewed February 24, 2016

Hotel, itself, was fine. Just a comment on service for a hotel at this level. First issue: We arrived before the 15:00 check-in time (we thought check-in was 14:00). Reception said the room would be ready in 10 minutes, which was no problem as we were too early. When we returned c. 15:15 (which is now about an hour after we first arrived) our room is still not ready (what happened to the "10 minutes"?). This in itself was not serious, except how Reception handled it (not in the least bit friendly, not explaining anything, no "sorry",...). What started out as us being surprised turned into annoyance with how we were treated by reception. Later that night we did find a fruit basket in our room, but its note did not mention the earlier problem, instead welcoming back only my husband to the hotel. (Note to service personnel: When you put a big fruit basket into a room to be nice, you should really make BOTH people staying at your hotel feel welcome. You don´t just address it to one.).

Then on to the name issue. When the reservation was made, only my husband´s name was taken down. When we arrived, Reception struggled to find the reservation as he has a common name. As we filled out the check-in information we even told reception to switch it over to my name (which is another one) as it is easier to find (as we had to go through how many ?? "John Smiths" before our reservation was found). As we spoke about it with her, and wrote it down in the guest information form, one would have thought she would have taken note that my name is not "Mrs John Smith". But, alas, the entire stay there I kept getting addressed as "Mrs Smith", which I wouldn´t have minded if I had not given them my actual name at check-in. We saw later when we got the invoice that reception even changed my name to "Kathy Smith". Why did I even fill out the guest information if I am going to be called the wrong name anyways?
Reception had also the previous week (during another stay) refused to provide an invoice (for business purposes) at check out because the room was booked via a website. The employee refused to budge on this matter. So, had to go through the hassle of calling the travel agency website, who confirmed that they cannot arrange the invoice as it must be done by the hotel. A call back to the hotel and got an employee who knew better and arranged the invoice. Silly to waste time on such a thing!

• Stayed: February 2016, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 23, 2016

I see some reviewers have criticised the welcome they got. I received a warm welcome and help from the reception staff. They helped with a couple of issues, one including me stupidly leaving my key in the room. The room itself was comfortable and the Karl May bar is a classy although pricey cocktail bar. As I went for a weekend of opera it's close proximity to the Semperoper was convenient. The Paulaner restaurant next door is good if you want authentic German food as well. So overall a very pleasant weekend.

Room Tip: Rooms generally quiet.
  • Stayed: February 2016, traveled solo