We had a lovely 4 night stay at the Taschenbergpalais, in a beautiful junior suite overlooking the hotel entrance and its baroque fountains. The prices were very reasonable for the level of luxury provided, and the service was very fine. We also had a fine experience in the limited gym and the lovely indoor pool, and had a massage from their superb masseuse, who used a variety of techniques to soothe a sore shoulder. Again, most reasonably priced.
Our main disappointment was the breakfast, which was very sparse and not replenished when we arrived about 20 minutes before the end of the morning service, due to jet lag. We had dinner at the restaurant, and, although the prices were high, the meal was excellent, although the service somewhat amateurish. Disappointing, again, however, that the main dining room was not offered as an option for this very expensive meal, since the rather claustrophobic inner courtyard was the only place besides bar side that you could dine when the weather made al fresco dining an option.
The hotel is conveniently located adjacent to the Zwinger and the Semperoper, two of Dresden's finest offerings. Also co-located at the hotel is a highly recommended casual restaurant with traditional German fare as well as healthier offerings of fresh fish and salads.
All in all, this hotel offered excellent value and service for the money, and we enjoyed our stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in the 18th century by the Saxon king, August the Strong, as a pledge of love to his mistress and faithfully restored in 1995, Hotel Taschenbergpalais Kempinski is a beautiful combination of historic glory and modern design. The hotel offers 182 elegant rooms, 32 luxurious suites and culinary excellence from five different venues including: the gourmet restaurant Intermezzo, the Palais Bistro, the Restaurant Lesage in the Transparent Factory of Volkswagen, Cafe Vestibul and the Karl May Bar. In addition, there are six elegant conference rooms on the Bel Etage and a divisible meeting and ball room. The hotel has also its own spa lounge with a pool and offers five-star catering services in and around Dresden. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, World Independent Hotel Promotion, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Taschenbergpalais Kempinski reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Taschenbergpalais Kempinski Hotel
- Taschenbergpalais Kempinski Dresden