2,354 results
All reviews the executive lounge rossini restaurant old town perfect location health club the river corner suite walking distance the heart of the city fitness center indoor pool major attractions very nice hotel famous frauenkirche beautiful city free wifi christmas market
Reviewed September 14, 2013

I am working in customer service, thus I have some experience when it comes to that and what I saw in Hilton Dresden is far from the expectations I have had... but let's go step by step.

Location is superb, right in the center, near the famed Frauenkirche, the rooms are alright, while the furniture is a bit old and the bathroom could use some upgrading as well. Overall a good night sleep, walls are thick, so no noised heard. Hilton has a small pool (but decent enough), several saunas which were great and marvelous jacuzzi under the sky which helped us relax in the evening.

Why then an average score - there are the highlights of the things I did not like:
No free water in the room, just a bottle with a printed price of 4,5 Euro (practical joke?), paid internet and paid parking (totally overpriced - 18 Euro per night) - these are cost related, appreciate the fact that most of people choosing Hilton are not the concerned about costs, so here comes more.

Service is POOR for a hotel as known and business-like as Hilton. I have experienced two hick-ups which are totally unacceptable. One - on the check out, the lady asked us whether we liked our stay, I replied "yes, although I was surprised to see the paid bottle of water in my room and I did not like it". She asked smiling "Ok, so you have left the money on the table for the water?".... WHAT? I have said I DID NOT like the fact that the water was paid - obviously she did not listen to any of my feedback. Two - Drove back home and checked my bank account in Cracow to notice 50 Euro missing from my credit card - double checked - held by Hilton Hotel Dresden. I might be OK with blocking a small amount on my credit card for expenses in the hotel, but NOONE has ever asked my permission nor informed me about that!

I will never come back to Hilton in Dresden again because of that experience... I have send an e-mail to Hilton management and expect an apology for the 50 Euros deposit I did not approve of.

Date of stay: September 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Management-Dresden, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Dresden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this constructive review and for contacting us directly.

Please rest assured that your remarks are taken most seriously and we very much regret your impressions to our hotel.

We hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Hilton Dresden in the future.

Kind regards

Reviewed September 9, 2013

I have spend four nights in August 2013 in Dresden, the city is amazing quite and full of history.

Hilton location is never to be missed for many reasons, it's close to almost a big percentage of the places you need to visit. food in the hotel is amazing with a touch of elegancy.

For the most city that has been damaged in WWII it doesn't look like it has faced anything but more marks of history and the beauty of its greens, river and bridges.

Locals are very nice and mostly working in service industries, sweets are a peace of art and not to be missed anywhere you go. Wine is very nice and up to the standard, the food also never to be missed with a variaty of any and everyone's apetite. you can almost find it all.

When it comes to Shopping, dresden is very good destination and also not to be missed in sales.

Date of stay: August 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Shereen E

Dear Shereen,

We thank you very much for your kind words in your tripadvisor review. We are happy to read that you enjoyed the city, the hotel and its service and location.

Thank you once again for your gracious review and we all look forward to welcoming you back soon.

With kind regards,

Reviewed September 9, 2013

excellent hotel in the Heart of the Oldtown. with Access to all the sights, attractions , events , local restaurants etc parking costs are 21 euros per 24 hrs Hilton Gold and Diamond members have their own floor 4th of hotel with elevator to members lounge , which has gratis wine beer food fruit and ,softdrinks etc.

Date of stay: September 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Management-Dresden, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Dresden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

Dear John,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review and to complete our online survey.

It was a pleasure having you as a Hilton HHonors Gold Member at the Hilton Dresden.
With pleasure we read that you enjoyed your stay with us very much and that our services and facilities met your expectations fully.

Your loyalty to Hilton Worldwide is highly appreciated and we are looking forward to welcoming
you back to Hilton Dresden in the near future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed September 3, 2013

This is a better than average Hilton and is in the absolute center of Dresden. It is steps from the rebuilt church and many great museums. There are many good restaurants in the city. A number are within the hotel. As an older traveler, I appreciate a hotel that one can easily visit during the day for a bit of a rest. There is a nice lounge for Gold members and it has generous hours and food. The hotel also has some handicapped accessible rooms that are well equipped. I will certainly choose this hotel again if I ever return to Dresden, a city well worth visiting.

Room tip: This is a very large hotel, ask for a room near the elevator if walking is an issue,
Date of stay: May 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This is a well situated hotel in Dresden that is comfortable and convenient. Dresden is an attractive city from which I was able to visit Berlin, Prague, Meisen and Swiss Saxony. I was in Dresden for eight days having arrived from Dresden Airport. Altogether an interesting trip. However there was a minor irritation initially since I was unable to draw cash at any ATM. Eventually I was able to use one of my cards.

Room tip: I was on 2nd floor. There was no purpose built shower in my room.
Date of stay: August 2013