2,288 results
All reviewsthe executive loungerossini restaurantgreat locationold townthe riverwalking distancecorner roomfitness centermajor attractionsvery nice hotelthe heart of the cityfamous frauenkirchecentral locationfree wifibeautiful cityper daynice breakfast
Reviewed September 9, 2013

I have spend four nights in August 2013 in Dresden, the city is amazing quite and full of history.

Hilton location is never to be missed for many reasons, it's close to almost a big percentage of the places you need to visit. food in the hotel is amazing with a touch of elegancy.

For the most city that has been damaged in WWII it doesn't look like it has faced anything but more marks of history and the beauty of its greens, river and bridges.

Locals are very nice and mostly working in service industries, sweets are a peace of art and not to be missed anywhere you go. Wine is very nice and up to the standard, the food also never to be missed with a variaty of any and everyone's apetite. you can almost find it all.

When it comes to Shopping, dresden is very good destination and also not to be missed in sales.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Shereen E
Management-Dresden, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Dresden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2013

Dear Shereen,

We thank you very much for your kind words in your tripadvisor review. We are happy to read that you enjoyed the city, the hotel and its service and location.

Thank you once again for your gracious review and we all look forward to welcoming you back soon.

With kind regards,
Hilton Dresden Team

Reviewed September 9, 2013

excellent hotel in the Heart of the Oldtown. with Access to all the sights, attractions , events , local restaurants etc parking costs are 21 euros per 24 hrs Hilton Gold and Diamond members have their own floor 4th of hotel with elevator to members lounge , which has gratis wine beer food fruit and ,softdrinks etc.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Management-Dresden, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Dresden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

Dear John,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review and to complete our online survey.

It was a pleasure having you as a Hilton HHonors Gold Member at the Hilton Dresden.
With pleasure we read that you enjoyed your stay with us very much and that our services and facilities met your expectations fully.

Your loyalty to Hilton Worldwide is highly appreciated and we are looking forward to welcoming
you back to Hilton Dresden in the near future.

Kind regards,
Hilton Dresden Team

Reviewed September 3, 2013

This is a better than average Hilton and is in the absolute center of Dresden. It is steps from the rebuilt church and many great museums. There are many good restaurants in the city. A number are within the hotel. As an older traveler, I appreciate a hotel that one can easily visit during the day for a bit of a rest. There is a nice lounge for Gold members and it has generous hours and food. The hotel also has some handicapped accessible rooms that are well equipped. I will certainly choose this hotel again if I ever return to Dresden, a city well worth visiting.

Room Tip: This is a very large hotel, ask for a room near the elevator if walking is an issue,
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This is a well situated hotel in Dresden that is comfortable and convenient. Dresden is an attractive city from which I was able to visit Berlin, Prague, Meisen and Swiss Saxony. I was in Dresden for eight days having arrived from Dresden Airport. Altogether an interesting trip. However there was a minor irritation initially since I was unable to draw cash at any ATM. Eventually I was able to use one of my cards.

Room Tip: I was on 2nd floor. There was no purpose built shower in my room.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I booked and confirmed an Executive Room at the Dresden Hilton back in May 2013 for 7 nights. I arrived late on a Friday evening (late August) after 31 hours of travel to be told that they do not have the room that I had booked and they can give me a small room with a single bed – most certainly not the exec room that I had booked (my bathroom at home was bigger than this room!). I am 185cm and have trouble relaxing in a single bed, but that is another story. I questioned this and was told that is all they have and they may, I stress may, be able to move me after a couple of days! I did ask why they did not put someone who had book only for the weekend in the single room and front desk staff could not, or would not answer this. There was also no way that they would reduce the booked rate given that the room they provided me was at a lower rate and standard to what I had booked. Damn rude I thought! I am a Diamond member and have been for the past 9 consecutive years – this however is most certainly irrelevant to the Dresden Hilton. I would caution everyone booking this Hotel to be aware that the room you may book may not be the one you receive.
After two nights struggling with a single bed, I was eventually shifted, somewhat reluctantly to another room – indeed I had to offer alternatives to the front desk staff to actually secure an alternate room – no pro-active staff here I am afraid.
If the GM would like to discuss this disgraceful behaviour further, I would be happy to engage with him via email; just let me know how. Please do not give me motherhood statements that are worthless to me. Yes you may gauge that I am a tad annoyed with the Hilton Dresden. The only upside in staying at this hotel is its’ location, which is perfectly situated in the mid of the old town – excellent location.

Room Tip: I do not know what to advise here - perhaps book another Hotel in the vicinity of the old town because you may not be pleasantly treated at the Dresden Hilton. There are many better hotels either within the old town, or within easy walking distance to this beautiful old town.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business