2,288 results
All reviewsthe executive loungerossini restaurantgreat locationold townthe riverwalking distancecorner roomfitness centermajor attractionsvery nice hotelthe heart of the cityfamous frauenkirchecentral locationfree wifibeautiful cityper daynice breakfast
Reviewed September 9, 2013

excellent hotel in the Heart of the Oldtown. with Access to all the sights, attractions , events , local restaurants etc parking costs are 21 euros per 24 hrs Hilton Gold and Diamond members have their own floor 4th of hotel with elevator to members lounge , which has gratis wine beer food fruit and ,softdrinks etc.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Management-Dresden, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Dresden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

Dear John,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review and to complete our online survey.

It was a pleasure having you as a Hilton HHonors Gold Member at the Hilton Dresden.
With pleasure we read that you enjoyed your stay with us very much and that our services and facilities met your expectations fully.

Your loyalty to Hilton Worldwide is highly appreciated and we are looking forward to welcoming
you back to Hilton Dresden in the near future.

Kind regards,
Hilton Dresden Team

Reviewed September 3, 2013

This is a better than average Hilton and is in the absolute center of Dresden. It is steps from the rebuilt church and many great museums. There are many good restaurants in the city. A number are within the hotel. As an older traveler, I appreciate a hotel that one can easily visit during the day for a bit of a rest. There is a nice lounge for Gold members and it has generous hours and food. The hotel also has some handicapped accessible rooms that are well equipped. I will certainly choose this hotel again if I ever return to Dresden, a city well worth visiting.

Room Tip: This is a very large hotel, ask for a room near the elevator if walking is an issue,
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This is a well situated hotel in Dresden that is comfortable and convenient. Dresden is an attractive city from which I was able to visit Berlin, Prague, Meisen and Swiss Saxony. I was in Dresden for eight days having arrived from Dresden Airport. Altogether an interesting trip. However there was a minor irritation initially since I was unable to draw cash at any ATM. Eventually I was able to use one of my cards.

Room Tip: I was on 2nd floor. There was no purpose built shower in my room.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I booked and confirmed an Executive Room at the Dresden Hilton back in May 2013 for 7 nights. I arrived late on a Friday evening (late August) after 31 hours of travel to be told that they do not have the room that I had booked and they can give me a small room with a single bed – most certainly not the exec room that I had booked (my bathroom at home was bigger than this room!). I am 185cm and have trouble relaxing in a single bed, but that is another story. I questioned this and was told that is all they have and they may, I stress may, be able to move me after a couple of days! I did ask why they did not put someone who had book only for the weekend in the single room and front desk staff could not, or would not answer this. There was also no way that they would reduce the booked rate given that the room they provided me was at a lower rate and standard to what I had booked. Damn rude I thought! I am a Diamond member and have been for the past 9 consecutive years – this however is most certainly irrelevant to the Dresden Hilton. I would caution everyone booking this Hotel to be aware that the room you may book may not be the one you receive.
After two nights struggling with a single bed, I was eventually shifted, somewhat reluctantly to another room – indeed I had to offer alternatives to the front desk staff to actually secure an alternate room – no pro-active staff here I am afraid.
If the GM would like to discuss this disgraceful behaviour further, I would be happy to engage with him via email; just let me know how. Please do not give me motherhood statements that are worthless to me. Yes you may gauge that I am a tad annoyed with the Hilton Dresden. The only upside in staying at this hotel is its’ location, which is perfectly situated in the mid of the old town – excellent location.

Room Tip: I do not know what to advise here - perhaps book another Hotel in the vicinity of the old town because you may not be pleasantly treated at the Dresden Hilton. There are many better hotels either within the old town, or within easy walking distance to this beautiful old town.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank TravelEverwhere
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The Dresden Hilton is perfectly located for visiting the town’s tourist attractions. The re-built Frauenkirche (Church of our Lady) is just a few steps from the entrance.

We arrived by train for a one-night stay and so decided to walk to the hotel. Just head down to the Elbe River, look for the largest Church and you’re there. It took us maybe 15 minutes so you wouldn’t want to do that if you had more than hand luggage.

The receptionist was really friendly and recognised my Hilton Gold status. I’d booked an executive room for one night using the ‘Great Getaway’ 40% off sale and that’s what we got. So no upgrade, unless there are worse executive rooms, but this wasn’t the receptionist’s choice as the room already had a personalised welcome letter for me, plus complimentary water and fruit when we arrived. As we were only staying one night and the room was perfectly adequate, I wasn’t that unhappy, particularly as we were able to have a really late checkout the following day.

The room had all that you would expect from a Hilton Executive Room; bathrobes, slippers, digital safe, comfortable bed, working a/c, clean, bathroom with some amenities, plus free wi-fi for Hilton Gold. The wi-fi was good in the room, the executive lounge and lobby areas.

The First Floor Executive Lounge was comfortable and had a good range of evening snacks and breakfast options. It initially was hard to find as the elevator we took didn’t stop on the first floor; there are three and only two have a first floor button.

The pool and gym looked good although we were too busy sightseeing to use the pool and I wouldn’t know what to do with the gym equipment. It did look like there was more than the usual gym equipment available.

Apart from the lounge, the only place we ate in the hotel was the Sunday brunch buffet @ EUR 31.00 each. The buffet includes food, wine and juice but for some strange reason doesn’t include water – this is something the management need to resolve. The buffet food was okay but not anything special and there weren’t any chef stations set up for a meat carvery or pasta station. Our waitress, who looked like a young Uma Thurman, was really nice. It was her boss who told us that water wasn’t included.

We checked out after brunch and walked back to Dresden station. Dresden is a lovely little town, but with so many places to visit it might be some time before we return – but if I did I’d certainly stay at the hotel again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple