“loved it”

INNSIDE by Melia Dresden
Ranked #5 of 118 Hotels in Dresden
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed July 30, 2012

rooms: beautiful rooms, roomy, clean and comfortable. The bathroom is also very clean and modern. We have loved our stay in this hotel.

location: the hotel is very well situated in the middle of the old city near all attractions and restaurants.

reception: a bit too "pushy" trying to sell upgrades in a semi-empty hotel instead of upgrading you direclty or not saying anything. For this sort of hotel I think it is not very nice to ask to pay for an upgrade.

wifi: it is not included ... 8 EUR for 24 hours... this also it's not a good commercial attitude... we are in 2012... internet should be free in hotels of this category.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for INNSIDE by Melia Dresden

Reviewed July 28, 2012

I was only in Dresden for one night so I didn't spend a lot of time selecting a hotel. I just lucked out. The Innside is right next to the Frauenkirche and just off the Main Terrace over the River. It was the perfect location for exploring all the major sites of old Dresden, which are just fascinating. The hotel itself was bright, clean, comfortable and the staff was efficient, helpful and super-nice. If ever I go back to Dresden, this is where I will stay.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 25, 2012

Our room was spacious and very clean. We loved the contemporary decor and bathroom. The rainshower was wonderful. More importantly, the staff was friendly and very helpful. After reading the previous review, I want to warn everyone that you must indicate if you want your sheets changed and towels replaced: they do this in order to be a bit more green. If you leave the card on the bed the sheets are changed, and if you leave your towels on the floor they are replaced. We laundered some clothes and the 24-hour service was efficient, plus the clothes were nicely folded or hung, depending on the item. Breakfast was delicious, and there was a variety of items to choose from.

Room Tip: The windows are very sound-proof so don't be afraid to choose an outside room.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 24, 2012

I know this is ranked the highest, but let me share my experience and then make an informed decision. Yes, the location and the rooms are nice. Service, however, is not. It's hard to get a smile out of the staff, and asking for something feels like it's such a chore for the team. I needed a cable to connect my laptop and was told I would have to pick it up from the front desk. That's not so bad. Then I came to my room after a weekend away to find my room hadn't been cleaned and my sheets hadn't been changed. Asking to rectify this seemed like such a significant effort. I did get someone to come up and help, and he was a nice gentleman, but the attitude was not what hospitality should be about. Finally, the night before I had to check out, an alarm was set off, and it persisted for nearly 5 minutes. To the point where you decide, ok, this is real. So I got out of bed and got dressed. As soon as I did, the alarm went off and another voice came over in German first indicating it was a false alarm.
There are better hotels in Dresden. I've stayed in 4 of them. The NH for me takes top honours. Great service, nice rooms and an equally great location. Please trust me on this. I've stayed at the Hilton and the Steinbrener as well, and neither are as good. Go for the NH. I will from now on.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank joziboy
Antje J, Guest Relations Manager at INNSIDE by Melia Dresden, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the INNSIDE by Meliá for your most recent stay in Dresden and for spending your time to give us a very invaluable feedback by Tripadvisor.com.

Allow me to express my apologies for the inconvenience you have experienced, because of the missed cleaning of the room during your absence. We gave this information to our housekeeping department to avoid such unpleasant situation in the future.

The fire alarm was set off by a guest accidentally. To assure that all guests are protected, our staffs have to inspect the place of release, before they stop the evacuation.
We regret the trouble caused very much, but have to guarantee safety first!

We are very sorry about the experiences, you've made and hope to get the chance to make you satisfied while your next stay.
Please do not hesitate to contact me in person.

sincerely yours

Antje Jentzsch
Guest Experience Manager
INNSIDE by Meliá Dresden

Reviewed July 23, 2012

We spent two nights at the InnSide by Melia in Dresden. Can't beat the location! Friendly service, good size, super clean rooms, very modern. Great value for the money and you can walk everywhere from here while in Dresden.
Recommend highly.

Room Tip: if traveling with children, call ahead to make sure you get a large enough room. They have different...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 18, 2012

We loved our day in Dresden and overnight at the Innside by Melia. Smallish, new hotel with the Frauenkirche in sight down the block. Ven Restaurant is in the lobby and dinner there was topnotch. It even included one course in the kitchen with the chef! Breakfast was also a treat. Very personal service all around, and a great value. Be sure to book through the hotel website (here on Trip Advisor) and get a 30 EU credit

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 10, 2012

This was my first stay at one of the Melia Hotels and it was nice surprise. The only thing that bothered me and my husband were the pillows :-))). Any way, this is the perfect location for a hotel, you get out of the lobby and you're already on the river Elbe. In front of the hotel is the Albertinum, left of the hotel is Frauenkirche and you can't even count the restaurant and bars near by. We had some special offer from the hotel, which was 30 Euro per night for us 2 that you can spend on room service or in the restaurant and worked out just fine.
The hotel isn't cheap but it's really nice. I think that the breakfast is pricy, about 15-20 euro per Person. I signed up at melia.com for membership and so we did got breakfast for 2 for the price of one. But I do recommend having breakfast in some bistro or cafe in the city, especially when the wheater is nice.

Room Tip: I found the rooms overlooking the albertinum really nice.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple