“perfect location for a pleasant stay in Dresden”

Innside by Melia Dresden
Ranked #5 of 118 Hotels in Dresden
GreenLeadersGold level
San Carlos, California
“perfect location for a pleasant stay in Dresden”
Reviewed July 23, 2012

We spent two nights at the InnSide by Melia in Dresden. Can't beat the location! Friendly service, good size, super clean rooms, very modern. Great value for the money and you can walk everywhere from here while in Dresden.
Recommend highly.

Room Tip: if traveling with children, call ahead to make sure you get a large enough room. They have different...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed July 18, 2012

We loved our day in Dresden and overnight at the Innside by Melia. Smallish, new hotel with the Frauenkirche in sight down the block. Ven Restaurant is in the lobby and dinner there was topnotch. It even included one course in the kitchen with the chef! Breakfast was also a treat. Very personal service all around, and a great value. Be sure to book through the hotel website (here on Trip Advisor) and get a 30 EU credit

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed July 10, 2012

This was my first stay at one of the Melia Hotels and it was nice surprise. The only thing that bothered me and my husband were the pillows :-))). Any way, this is the perfect location for a hotel, you get out of the lobby and you're already on the river Elbe. In front of the hotel is the Albertinum, left of the hotel is Frauenkirche and you can't even count the restaurant and bars near by. We had some special offer from the hotel, which was 30 Euro per night for us 2 that you can spend on room service or in the restaurant and worked out just fine.
The hotel isn't cheap but it's really nice. I think that the breakfast is pricy, about 15-20 euro per Person. I signed up at melia.com for membership and so we did got breakfast for 2 for the price of one. But I do recommend having breakfast in some bistro or cafe in the city, especially when the wheater is nice.

Room Tip: I found the rooms overlooking the albertinum really nice.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
England
Reviewed July 8, 2012

My first time in Dresden so I booked this hotel on the advise of Tripadvisor. I managed a fair deal at £110 a night with breakfast.
This is a nearly new hotel, well maintained & very heplfull staff. The rooms are a fair size with good air conditioning. It is very well located in the centre of the city. There was plenty of choice at breakfast & the staff were very helpfull.
There is no free WiFi in the hotel, but there is free wired internet in the rooms if you have your laptop with you. There are also 2 free desktops in reception.
My only complaint was the cost of parking at Eur 20 per day.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Oakland, California
Reviewed June 30, 2012

This hotel has almost everything. The location is perfect, right behind the Frauenkirche in the historic center of Dresden. The rooms are much larger and more luxurious than other German hotels we stayed in. The breakfast buffet is almost unreal: perhaps the best scrambled eggs I've ever had (with pieces of bacon cooked in!) and offers of soft-boiled eggs, which rarely happens, and pancake pieces for those of us with a breakfast sweet tooth.

My complaint: no wifi! These days it is very odd to be traveling with no hotel wifi, not even in the public rooms. You could get a paid-for cabled internet connection, but that doesn't do those of us traveling with iPod touches and the like much good.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, Guest Relations Manager at Innside by Melia Dresden, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing the INNSIDE by Meliá for your most recent stay in Dresden and for spending your time to give us a very invaluable feedback.

We want to thank you for your praise. We have also passed your comments to all of our Innside staffs and got a very nice feedback.
With pleasure we will use constructive datailled advices to optimize our service in terms of our guests and to ensure the standards, presentation and quality.
So we regret your impressions about the internet connection. We would like to offer the DSL cable connection without a charge. Just for WiFi we have to charge 8€ per 24 hours, because we are bounded to a contract.
We are working to find a charge-free solution for WiFi as soon as possible.

We hope to be able to provide this solution for your next stay in Dresden.

Best regards
INNSIDE by Meliá Dresden

Antje Jentzsch
Guest Experience Manager
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed June 30, 2012

Stayed here for two nights in order to see as much of Dresden as possible. Hotel is well located in the old city and within walking distance of most sites and good restaurants. The hotel proved to be a wonderful surprise and a delight to stay in. We were travelling and booking hotels via internet one night ahead and although the hotel reviews were positive the hotel was much better than I imagined - this may have also had to do with the price we achieved via internet at short notice. We booked without breakfast as the price of breakfast for two was the equivalent of what we would normally spend on at least 4 breakfast. We were pleasantly surprised when offered the opportunity to join the Mas club where we would not only achieve points per stay at Melia hotels but also receive a two for one breakfast. The buffet breakfast was good - not the best we have had but a very pleasant choice. The room was spacious, bed very comfortable although European pillows are a little 'flat' for our liking. We could have ordered our choice of pillows but kept forgetting to organise this. Wifi in bedroom was good. Only criticism would have to be the glass bathroom doors that once a light is turned on during the night immediately shines into the bedroom. However, black out curtains on the windows was most appreciated. We will stay again if we are back in Dresden.

Room Tip: Rooms on the inside of the hotel are sheltered from traffic noise.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed June 20, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for regrettably only one night. I was supposed to stay two, but I missed my flight. I am very sorry I didn't get to stay the first night in such a lovely place. I was particularly impressed with my dinner at the hotel restaurant. I was treated to the absolute best meal of my life, complete with the most perfect service and presentation by my server, Nadin. This was a welcome respite after my long journey to Dresden from the U.S. The personalized service and delicious meal will be something I never forget, and without a doubt my next stay in Dresden will be at none other than this hotel.

Room Tip: Third floor has a weird stair case in the middle of the hall that is tough to navigate suitcases ove...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo