“Consistently Good”

Villandry
Ranked #105 of 983 Restaurants in Dresden
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Central European, International
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations
Reviewed October 6, 2012

I should start by noting I live in Dresden, and we went recently again for out first year wedding anniversary meal. We wanted to go somewhere special, and of course immediately plumped for Villandry. We went on a Monday, booked, and when we got there it was full, so good job we booked, it was busy - but not in the awful, packed in way some restaurants do, enough space around you so you don't feel like a sardine in a tin, good cheerful, non pretentious crowd etc. Its perfect for all types of meals, romantic, friends, family etc - It beats hands down any michelin places I have eaten at. The service is swift and friendly, the food to die for, the wine list - something for everyone, by which I mean good value and quality house wines, right up to the much higher end of the wine lover spectrum. Personally I like to drink by the glass and switch wines by course depending on what I am eating and this is the prefect place to do that. The food is phenomenal. You know you are in for a treat when you see everyone else's food in the restaurant coming out and you want all of it! Prices are about 7-9 euros for a starter, and about 16-19 euros for a main. They normally have a pasta dish for about 13 euros. Deserts are about 6 or 7, though I can never fit one in. They change the menu regularly (its written on a chalk board which the waiting staff bring over and talk through with you) and all produce is well sourced. The price is, in my view, extremely reasonable based on the portion size (I can never finish mine and pass over to my husband to finish off, and this time he was outdone!), quality and ambience. Enjoy!!

3  Thank BeckieH01

Reviewed September 29, 2012

In an "artsy" section of the new town, near the university. The menu is in German on a blackboard but friendly waiters (with help from some diners) helped us make great choices. Soup, chicken and pork were all tasty...not haute cuisine, comfort food kicked up a notch. Dress like a professor, not a banker. Chef came out to see if we were pleased. We were!

Reviewed September 27, 2012

Villandry is in the Neustadt away from the touristy Altstadt area of Dresden. However, it took just 15 minutes to get there by tram (including waiting for a tram) from our hotel in the Altstadt. It was worth the trip!

The restaurant is down a side street and, I would guess, a neighbourhood favourite. The restaurant atmosphere is warm and inviting and we were served by a very helpful and pleasant waitress. The food was super, modern German cooking and the wine list was also good. The menu is written on a blackboard which is brought to your table. It was one of those menus were we were spoilt for choice of thing we wanted to eat.

A lovely evening - we really did eat well in Dresden! And we thought Villandry was excellent value for money.

1  Thank Chrissie_UK62
Reviewed August 23, 2012

One evening when visiting Aussere Neustadt with its fabulous night life, we went to Vilandry to get a table. But they were fully booked. We then booked for the following night. What a delicious evening we got. The atmosphere in the court yard was just electric. When we have visited top end restaurants, the other guests are often American tourists or rich looking locals. Here it was mostly Germans. They were looking like children in a toy department, just waiting to be rewarded (with delicious food). We had a long long marvellous evening here. When we ordered dessert we also ordered a glass of wine because we thought we would have to wait a while for dessert. But they then waited to serve dessert until we had finished the wine! No big problem!
When the meal was over we had some very interesting hours in the bustling night life in Aussere Neustadt. Its totally different from Altstadt. You should try both!

Reviewed August 21, 2012

On that beautiful summer evening in August, I had dinner in the backyard of Villandry, which was a big feast! The garden was beautifully lit that night and made for a great atmosphere. The menu is written on a large blackboard and is shown at the table. The menu is extensive and offers enough choice. Furthermore, Villandry has good wines from the Saxony region. The staff is very friendly and very helpful with explaining the menu. I had the "Hühnerbrühe alla Minestrone" as starter and for main course the "Zander fillet with junger rote Beete". Both tasted great and looked very tasteful in its presentation. I have taken the white wine Weiszburgunder of Dr.Gerhardt, which was excellent with the food. As a small downside I should mention that there is little space between the tables. All in all a great feast in a great atmosphere. Thanks Villandry.