“Good .. but not everyday”
Review of trattoria Toscana

trattoria Toscana
Ranked #116 of 492 Restaurants in Saarbrucken
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed September 16, 2013

We went to the Toscana twice.
The first time it was with my family for lunch. We had book a table for 4 persons and were located outside on the nice terrasse. If the weather is great then it's really nice.
The personal were OK. Not too nice but not bad either.
We all choose to eat risotto. And it all taste good ...but not amazing.

The second time we went there was with friend for dinner. We also book a table.
This time the personal was really nice ans really professionnal. They also porvide us some advices. THe food was also really. This time i tried the pasta with Truffel sauce. It was really good and fot dessert I tried their basilikum parfait. It was weird at the begenning but taste wonderfull actually. Every was also very happy about the menu they have chosen.

As a conclusion I would say taht you NEED a reservation if you want to eat there and dinner seems more professional than lunch.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

I went there twice, once with the family and once with my partner. Both times the food was really good and the prices are more than acceptable. The service is good and the location looks really cosy and romantic. I loved there Broschetta and the Pizza was ok, not as I ate it in Italy, but still quite good for germany. Only problem: The waitress forgot to bring us our change (more than 10 €) and we needed to poiting it out which was quite embarassing in the little restaurant. The waitress brought us 1 € instead of 11 € because she mistook a bill of 20 for a 10. I didn't think she did it by porpuse but it was making me uncomfortable. Well nethertheless I will return, because mistakes are human and the food is really convicing!
Nice place.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

I have tried most of the supposedly good restaurants in this very interesting and culturally rich German-Frech city on the Saar River. The best restaurant by far is Trattoria Toscana, on "Little Frog Street," right in the lovely, bright old center of the city. When I arrived here five years ago I started trying out restaurants. I've long since quit "trying out." I just go to Toscana.

Wonderful crostini and bruschetta for starters. Gloriously good fresh pasta every day--I usually have mine with salmon or another North Sea fish. Or I have gnocchi. I always take visitors there: An Irishman from Moscow, an Oxford don, a variety of Americans. Recently I took a visiting Korean academic friend. As I was talking about the fresh pasta Hai-Wong's face suddenly lit up, and he said, "Of course! I was brought here the last time I was in Saarbrucken, four years ago! I remember the pasta--and the crostini!"

A warm, beautiful restaurant in an older building, with a roof-garden in the summer. Very friendly management and staff. Moderately expensive, but much more than moderately good.

Bert Hornback
Professor of English, Saarland University

1  Thank hornback
Reviewed December 15, 2012

My husband and I visited this restaurant and had a very enjoyable meal. The restaurant looks small from the outside but actually had 3 floors. We ate on the top floor which was quite nice with exposed beams & a rustic atmosphere. Our waiter was very nice and attentive. The food was quite good with freshly made pasta as a main feature. I had mine in a white truffle sauce. It was great. We would definitely recommend this restaurant.

1  Thank travel53NewJersey
Reviewed August 21, 2012

I went here a couple of times (3?). The experience is mixed, twice I liked the food (e.g., pastas were good, wine selection was nice, fish -- dorado -- was well cooked), but another time it was not really exciting (overcooked meat, bland sauce, overcooked pasta). I also do not really like service and atmosphere there.

Overall, I may come one more time at some point to check it out. It is decent but does not seem very reliable. There are some better option in town.