“Delicious tapas without any complaints”
Review of Ferry's Cabana

Ferry's Cabana
Ranked #19 of 311 Restaurants in Trier
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Let me start with some general points.
As other reviews already mentioned the restaurant itself is a bit outside the city center near to the main train station, however it is only a 15min walk from the main tourist are, and it will be completely worth it.
A small parking area is provided and other parking spaces can be found in the proximity. Nonetheless, I strongly advise you to reserve in advance (1 week minimum) since it is always fully booked, but perhaps you might be lucky on short notice as well.

The service is attentive and polite e.g. with small gestures like filling up the bread or providing some snacks if you want stay a bit longer and have a drink.

The tapas are delicious and with a good quantity. 6 tapas with one as a dessert were almost too much for two persons. Each portion had a great quantity for two, whereas the freshly made fried potatoes could be enough for 3-4 persons.
All of our tapas were delicious and I suggest to come with a group of 3 or 4 to be able to try as many as possible, with two people the selection of tapas could be enough for 2 or three visits.

Overall we paid ca 40€ including tapas, a bottle of water and drinks.

So if you want to have a great diner with many different choices of delicious Spanish meals, Ferry's Cabana is the place to be.

4  Thank Vladimir S
There are newer reviews for Ferry's Cabana

Reviewed September 17, 2012

This is one of my favorites in Trier. Very good quality Tapas in an excellent setting. It is a little outside the main tourist area but you should still book in advance for weekends. I've tried about half of the menu so far and have not been disappointed with any dish.

Highly recommended.

2  Thank RestlessTraveller_12
Reviewed August 6, 2012

I was amazed to find this Trier, being a somewhat provincial city. I think the food is the least adapted for German tastes you’ll find in the city. Setting is lovely, both indoors and outdoors. Quite a bit of food choice, and a good selection of drinks. Service was a bit erratic, we waited some minutes before finally having our table pointed out to us.

You’d have to go to Luxembourg to find something comparable. You really need to book to ensure you get a table, and they don’t take cards of any type (cash only).

4  Thank MagicTorchster
Reviewed July 4, 2012

Even though this restaurant is out of the way, it is definately worth a visit. It is bit daunting at first as the whole menu is written on the wall and it is up to you to select how much you want of what. The staff are very attentive and it is very easy and quick to order more (we order more Chorzio, it was hard to resist). The house Rioja was really nice and very smooth.
Booking recommended and the restaurant is a bit on the small side, so you will have to squeeze past people to getin and out.

4  Thank RachaelC576
Reviewed May 16, 2012

I have to admit that I am only giving this restaurant four stars because it seems a bit overrated. Yes, it is very good. The food is excellent and the service is helpful and accomodating. However, it was nearly impossible to get a reservation on the weekend (without about a month's advance notice) . This is very unusual for a small town like Trier and I think that the Ferrys in particular has been hyped to such a degree that it's hard to tell whether you really enjoy it or just enjoy having won the race for a table.
That being said, my friends and I had a great time and will definitely come back. My recommendations for eating (I was driving and couldn't have any of the excellent wine selection) are:
patatas bravas
prunes in bacon
spinach-cheese croquettes
sherry chicken
manchego cheese
scampi a la plancha

I was not too fond of the fried mushrooms (seemed quite simple and bland) or the anchovies on toast.

5  Thank Decca78