“First Class Service”
Review of Hotel Villa Hugel

Hotel Villa Hugel
Ranked #1 of 49 Hotels in Trier
Reviewed September 27, 2013

From the moment I arrived I had a great feeling about staying at Villa Hugel. The staff are friendly and attend to your every need, they have a professional team of staff that exceed the level of service of most five star hotels. The place is clean, quiet and has a relaxing feel about it. I stayed in one of the lower floors looking out over the city and the small weekend gardens that can be found in most german towns. Yes it is a 15 minute walk from the city, but even less if you borrow one of their bikes, so I found the location very accommodating. Breakfast was the best I had in my whole 2 week european vacation. The selection and quality of the food was outstanding. My only feedback is that there is no coffee/tea making facility in the rooms, but that seems to be a norm in Germany.

Room Tip: Every room is a different size, so maybe ask to see a couple rooms before you select one.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Peter L
There are newer reviews for Hotel Villa Hugel

Reviewed September 24, 2013

If I'll stay in Trier again, I'll definitely stay here again.

First critics: The reasons I did not give 5 points are the limited parking spaces, the location and the size of the Bathroom. Parking spaces are limited (at the Hotel and the neighbouring place called Hügelchen) and there are just few parking spaces in the neighbourhood. The location is perfect to relax, but slightly further away if you want to explore the city by foot. The Bathroom was a bit small (Room Basel), to be fair the receptionist told me that the Room was not their nicest and offered me a good price. For people who have a reduced mobility...I did not see an elevator, you should inquire if there is one.

Other than that there was no problem or critic possible... I travel a lot, but the personnel was definitely at a 5 stars superior level, friendly and competent, great experience. The breakfast, was definitely the Highlight.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

We only stayed for 2 nights and wished it could have been longer.
The hotel is very comfortable with friendly staff.
Our room was at the back with a small balcony overlooking the garden and the Mosel valley.
Breakfast was amazing - so much choice.
The restaurant wasn't open for evening meals, so we had to eat in Trier.
We were able to leave the car and walk into town - about 15 minutes downhill.
It took a little longer coming back - maybe that was the effect of the meal.
Trier is a walkable city with most attractions close by.
Not having to think about parking was a bonus.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back overlook the Mosel valley.
2  Thank 2000sj
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Extremely bright, clean and friendly establisment perched over the beautiful small city of Trier. First-rate wellness area, including still and sparkling water on tap - the same tap! Puts many larger, more expensive hotels to shame. Okay, the centre of town is a 15 minute walk away, but you do benefit from a quiet and scenic vantage point. A warning: there is now a vast building site opposite the hotel, so it could get noisy in the future. Ask for a room facing towards the city. Excellent value fir miney. A tip: eat dinner here. Superb terrace in the summer. Also: rent a bike and cycle out for a meal at the Eurener Hof. Becker's in Olewig is not worth the effort.

3  Thank Readyroamer
Reviewed September 1, 2013

We were delighted to enjoy the Villa - and Trier in general.

We were warmly welcomed and guided to our rooms by front desk staff. They briefed us on the layout, breakfast, restaurant, and options for city. Meals here were outstanding...flawless service, innovative and tasteful food, great selection of local (and distant) wines, and the view from the patio was incredible.

Rooms were large, modern, clean, and spacious. The balconies were spacious and comfortable and at night offered an amazing view.

Breakfast was simply the best we had in our whole trip - champagne was a nice touch, too!

Finally, the pool was so comfortable after a day exploring the city. Well maintained, and the sun deck was quiet and peaceful.

Villa Hugel has it all sorted out. We'd return in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: We had rooms one level down - not many stairs/levels to negotiate and the view was incredible.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank seamusandandy
Reviewed August 30, 2013

My 16 year odl son and I spent a night here after driving from Frankfurt. We had just landed so we were jet lagged and this hotel and the town of Trier were an ideal way to start our vacation.
I loved the decor of this hotel. Very modern bathroom and high quality furnishings. We had a terrific view. The staff were simply splendid and made every effort to welcome us. A small chocolate on the pillow greeted our arrival.
The hotel is just outside the area where all the best sites can be found. As an old Roman city, Trier has much to offer and it was great to be in a quiet spot that was so conveniently located.
I would happily return to this hotel and spend more time in the delightful town of Trier. There is so much to do and enjoy and our time was far too brief. This hotel is also good value and the staff at the front desk and in the breakfast room were all friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 28, 2013

We stayed in Villa Hugel during the warm weather at the end of July, 2013. As we arrived by car, we were please to find good, free parking. After a lovely warm welcome, we were shown to our two rooms. The villa has been developed on a number of levels down the hillside and there were a fair number of stairs to negotiate. Our room, down by the swimming pool had a/c and a small balcony – it looked over the gardens and hills and was very comfortable. Our adult daughter’s room was a little smaller and was situated in the main building above reception overlooking the hotel entrance. It had no a/c but a decent fan. Both rooms were very clean and modern. Despite liking a firm bed, I found our bed to be exceptionally hard and the pillow very low which meant that I slept terribly – a disappointment since the room was so nice. There was free wifi in the rooms though the signal was not always that strong.

The indoor pool was fairly small but looked inviting and there were sun loungers outside on a pleasant terrace. We did not actually use these facilities. Towels, for use by the pool, were supplied in each room. There was a very good choice for breakfast and the service was lovely. We were there at the height of summer and a number of people took their breakfast on the terrace outside. The television has only local channels plus CNN but as Trier offered lots to see and do, plus good shopping, this wasn’t really a problem. There is plenty choice by way of restaurants in Trier too. As far as I am aware, no evening meals were available in the hotel during our stay but we were happy to eat out locally.

I would have rated this 5 out of 5, if I had been more comfortable in bed.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Trier
ibis Styles Trier
#1 of 3 in Mulheim an der Mosel
Nells Park Hotel
Nells Park Hotel
#11 of 49 in Trier

Been to Hotel Villa Hugel? Share your experiences!