“Read the reviews and wanted to try it for myself”
Review of Stadthausschanke

Stadthausschanke
Ranked #44 of 534 Restaurants in Mainz
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 23, 2013

I was traveling on business and always stay in Mainz. I love German food and was looking for a good traditional place. I read many reviews and was satisfied this would be a good place.

I was not disappointed. All the reviews are for the most part correct:

1) English speaking with English menus
2) Food is hearty and delicious
3) Many options of different for main meal and side options
4) Interestingly they have a weinerschnitzle in pork or turkey. I had not tried a turkey or even seen a turkey option. I did not try the turkey options as pork is the "traditional" German option.
5) Many locals but also many non-locals. After reading that many flight attendants go there, I did notice there were a lot of native English speaking women. I let my imagination wander and could see all of them as flight attendants.
6) Food is very affordable
7) Beer options are good. They offer a .3 litre or a .5 litre. After 3 .5 litres I was good to go.
8) location is right in the heart of Mainz and just walking around is also an experience

I would definitely go back and recommend anyone to go to this place.

2  Thank NJeMktingGuy

Reviewed October 4, 2013

Went there to try the schweinhaxe but they had run out (6:30 PM) so tried the jägerschnitzel which was good. Potatoes were a little dry. Most customers were airline crews from US and Canada. I prefer restaurants where more locals than visitors are present.

Would go back but I did find a restaurant within a block that I preferred.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

Food was excellent and affordable. Service was very good and friendly. English menu available. I would definately return. Upon entering restaurant we were a little confused and a German man noticed and asked if we needed help. I asked the name of the restaurant and he confirmed it was the correct place adding it had excellent German dishes. He was right!

Reviewed September 4, 2013

I have eaten at almost every German Food restaurant in Mainz and Stadt Haus is by far the very best. Anything off the menu (as well as two daily specials) is always fresh, tasty and filling and the prices are very reasonable. The beer and wine selection is good with good prices. The owner, Martina, and the wait staff, Simone, Maria and Roswieta are all fantastic and very attentive to everyone's needs and all speak English very well. Gerold, the chef and co-owner, is fantastic and come's out to say hello to all he knows, when he has time. I highly recommend you seek out Stadt Haus. You will not be disappointed!

Reviewed June 14, 2013

I am often in Mainz on business and 9 out of 10 times I dine at Stadthausschane. The place is always busy but never too busy not to squeeze you in. Seating is limited but if you go before 6 (early I know) you can get in on the happy hour (2 for 1 beer or wine) and have a great German meal. I almost always order the Jeager Schnitzel and I am never disappointed! The food is great, the service is wonderful and the price is right! Great spot for a casual German dinner.

1  Thank Marwin D