I was traveling on business and always stay in Mainz. I love German food and was looking for a good traditional place. I read many reviews and was satisfied this would be a good place.
I was not disappointed. All the reviews are for the most part correct:
1) English speaking with English menus
2) Food is hearty and delicious
3) Many options of different for main meal and side options
4) Interestingly they have a weinerschnitzle in pork or turkey. I had not tried a turkey or even seen a turkey option. I did not try the turkey options as pork is the "traditional" German option.
5) Many locals but also many non-locals. After reading that many flight attendants go there, I did notice there were a lot of native English speaking women. I let my imagination wander and could see all of them as flight attendants.
6) Food is very affordable
7) Beer options are good. They offer a .3 litre or a .5 litre. After 3 .5 litres I was good to go.
8) location is right in the heart of Mainz and just walking around is also an experience
I would definitely go back and recommend anyone to go to this place.
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.