All reviewstrain stationold townwithin walking distanceparking garagebed was comfortablethe rivercentrerhinecleanlinesscurtainsacfrankfurt
Reviewed September 9, 2017 via mobile

I have been traveling so many places, but this is the only hotel that don't ask credit card information until you check out. Air was not asked to put down any deposit or credit card information when I booked the hotel. I even changed the day of arriving. Just one e mail notice, every thing was done perfectly. The people in the front desk are also so nice, always smiling whenever you ask. The location is also great, just 3 mins walk from train station. If I come to Mainz again, this hotel will be my first choice. By the way, the breakfast is also great. I enjoy it every morning.

Stayed: September 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed September 3, 2017

We stayed here for 1 night in August.

Pluses:
1) Very nice included breakfast, including champagne
2) Free strong wifi
3) Quiet, clean
4) Excellent location by train station, across from a park
5) Friendly staff
6) Rooms with balconies

Minuses:
1) We were upgraded to a suite, accessed via accordion doors from the bedroom. I opened the doors, and the extra suite was being slept in/used by staff as a breakroom. No one had bothered to check, or clean, this suite before they checked us in. That is a cardinal sin of hospitality, security, and cleanliness. They immediately sent someone to clean it, but that is unacceptable.
2) The hotel has a bit of a tired 1980s feel to it.

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 17, 2017

The location near the train station was convenient, & the breakfast was generous, but otherwise my stay at this hotel was very unpleasant. The first room they put me in had a strong sewer-like stench, & drain-flies were infesting the shower. I insisted on changing rooms, & the second one was better, but that room, too, lacked air conditioning -- though if you open the window you get to hear the noise of the AC compressors for the public parts of the hotel that do have air conditioning.

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel during summer, or during a heat wave, as you'll swelter in your airless room.
  • Stayed: July 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed July 7, 2017

I stayed for one night to participate in a meeting being held at the hotel. The hotel is a short walk fro the main train station. The lobby is nice with comfortable seating. The staff are quite friendly. Internet is free inside the hotel with excellent bandwidth. My room on the top floor was spacious and comfortable. Coffee was good in the restaurant and the breakfast area is attractive and pleasant with an excellent variety of food. The meeting room behind the breakfast room was great for the meeting with excellent temperature control and great facilities for projection of slides and had good acoustics. The hotel served a special vegan lunch for me and the hotel was feather-free as I requested. The bed was comfortable and the bedding quite good. The shower had strong water.

The room is modern. I enjoyed the stay very much and would definitely stay here again. The one drawback is that, during the extraordinarily hot days I was in Mainz, the air conditioning in the room was inadequate to make the room sufficiently cool despite keeping the curtains closed all day.

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed January 27, 2017

The hotel has a very good staff. The breakfast is excellent. Everything is clean. And the hotel has a very good location, near the old city, central station, restaurants...I really recommended it for business, couples, solo, friends or family.

• Stayed: January 2017, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com