$101
$95
$90
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of $112/night.

IntercityHotel Mainz(Mainz)(Great Value!)
$63
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of $85/night.

$106
$122
$119
  • Breakfast included
$111
$108
All reviewsnice hoteltrain stationfamily roommini bargood sizewater pressureone night staywalking distanceold townthree nightscity centreclean roomson footfree wifino frillsbreakfast buffetfrankfurt airport
Reviewed October 9, 2017

I remember back when this hotel was beautiful. It's right by my grandparents house so I have been staying here for years and it used to be a fantastic, upper class hotel. Sadly, it has fallen into a state of disrepair. What used to be sleek, modern rooms are now dingy and musky. Both myself and my parents stayed in non-smoking rooms this trip that reeked of cigarette smoke. The free internet is extremely slow for 2017, it is almost impossible to use unless you upgrade to the paid option (which thankfully is not that expensive).
Because I personally find the location to be ideal, and the price is not that bad I know I will be back, but I really hope they put some money into this place. It used to be so nice, but I feel as though they don't keep it up as they should (possibly because it is used primarily by flight attendants for layovers).

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank Nicole L
Reviewed September 30, 2017 via mobile

I debated what score to give the hotel. Although my experience was poor, the property was not. I was here for three days. In that time, I was in three different rooms.

The first one had a continuous poor WiFi connection (would cut in and out constantly), yet, worked fine in the hotel lobby. I was told to switch between the two WiFi networks they had, which I did. This did not help. I put up with it for a day, then asked for a different room the next morning on the other side of the hotel.

I was given a second room, and as soon as I opened the door, you could immediately smell an overbearing scent of urine coming from the bathroom. I saw a maintenance worker in the Hall, and had him come check it out. He ran the sink water in the bathroom, and started saying it had something to do with the water not being used in a few days. He offered to have someone come spray the room, and I absolutely agreed (WREAKED of urine smell). Another man came and air freshener sprayed the whole room. It went away after several hours.

The next day, the Door to the second room I was given all of a sudden stopped closing. The hardware in the door would not retract, and it was literally impossible to close and or lock the door. I had to make two calls to the front desk and waited about 30 minutes for someone to show up. I grew increasingly irritated as I had friends waiting on me, yet, I couldn’t leave as I couldn’t shut the door.

I was given a third room.

Again, the property is not poor, just this service experience was poor.

Stayed: September 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed September 23, 2017 via mobile

Stayed there for one night.
Had a great parking garage, since we rode motorcycles.
Nice room and a good breakfast.
Short walk to the city center.
Some restaurants close by.
Nice employees in the reception, very helpful.

Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 14, 2017

The heating was on and the pipes made a lot of noise all night. The elevator is too slow and you spend a lot of time waiting for it. My key card stopped working and I had to get all the way down again to get a new one while the car was waiting for me outside.
The restaurant served tenderloin but it was not tender at all. It was quite tough.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed September 13, 2017 via mobile

When you enter the hotel from the underground car park, you walk through the foundations and faults and casemate of the renaissance city fortifications and outside the hotel you stumble across the remains of a Roman times city gate. Hard to get more of the city's history as here. Rooms, service and attitude of the staff are good but the small things like English news papers are only available for sale at the reception and not for reading while having breakfast was something I wasn't used to from other hotels of the same group and breakfast itself was more on the lower end when compared to others. Anyway the location makes up for a lot and it doesn't take a lot to walk downtown. Worth coming back.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled on business