“Best steak ever”

Cuisines: Chilean, Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 17, 2014

I have been to Patagonia several times, and I can never wait for an opprtunity to go back. I was there twice this week, having the filet the first time and one of the sandwiches the second. A culinary delight, no other steakhouse compares to the simple flavors of Patagonia. Everything is always cooked to perfection, whether it's the steak, lamb, or any other course. The empanadas and steak bring me back to my trip to Chile, the service is always courteous, and the Chilean wines compliment the food perfectly. If you are looking for a romantic dinner with your significant other or as a group, this is the place.

2  Thank twilightjasmine

Reviewed December 14, 2013

Came for a good steak and this was one of the best. I travel a lot and love an Argentinian steak in Germany. This was maybe the best ever. The place is not too big, Not exactly town centre which means you need to make an effort to walk there, 10 mins from the station. Very authentic and a great place.

1  Thank workingaway_UK
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Was really impressed with the food and the service. There was a group of 8 and we tried a mix of empanadas(shrimp, cheese and meat). Everyone had their favorite so they were all good. They served it with Salsa on the side that was delic! Ribeye was very good. Wasn't crazy too much for the port wine butter sauce. It it didn't ruin in, The Gorgonzola sauce looked better and the other people that ordered really liked it. So next time I will try this.

I was a little concerned when I saw the outside of the restaurant. It was much impressive but once inside and we ate, it was great. Highly recommend.

1  Thank Nancy P
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Patagonia Steakhouse was not a reserved dinner destination. While wandering the neighborhood, looking for a place for dinner, we found it quite by accident. We were so glad we did! The Chilean, beef-oriented menu is very inspired. The accompaniments and sides are very special. The Salsa was so good that we Texans, who are very proud of our own salsa, almost licked the bottom of the container! We had filets, perfectly cooked to our order, with grand taste and tenderness. We must rave about the spinach risotto! The wine list was very nice and our host, as well as the waitstaff, were helpful with that selection, a very pleasing red. We found the ambiance very restful and romantic. The staff is courteous and pleasant. Our waitress was willing to try to speak English where necessary and Spanish where that was more helpful. Unfortunately, we do not live near Mainz, or we would be back to Patagonia every weekend!

Reviewed September 7, 2012

We had dinner here at the end of a long weekend in Mainz. We were warmly welcomed and the waitress was most helpful in helping us to translate the menu from German to English.
The service was very good and the food was delicious. My partner & I had steak which was perfectly cooked. There was also a good selection of wines to choose from.
We dined on a Sunday evening and there were quite a few guests which would, to me, be indicative that it is popular and perhaps reservations should be made for Friday and Saturday evenings.
Highly recommended.