$118
  • Pool
IntercityHotel Mainz(Mainz)(Great Value!)
$64
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of $85/night.

$96
$90
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of $117/night.

$107
$111
All reviewss bahn stationold towngreat locationone towel per personno in room safethe riverour night stayrooms were cleanedper nightfive minute walkplace to stayno frillsmarket placesmall bathroomnight's sleepbreakfast buffet was goodgutenberg museum
Reviewed June 20, 2017

It had very basic facilities, no fridge or tea making equipment in the room, and the beds were like sleeping on a concrete. I suffer from arthritis in my spine and the bed was so firm I could hardly get off it. I telephoned the reception who initially said there was nothing they could do, until they realised I really could move because of the pain, then they suggested I sleep on op of the quilt. When I burst into tears the manager offered me a foam under layer for the mattress, which in fairness did help but didn't fully solve the problem.
The breakfast buffet was good, but didn't vary at all. The location is great, right on the edge of the old city of Mainz, and across the road from a lovely little museum, there are plenty of places to eat out that aren't overly expensive. The staff on the whole were very pleasant.

Room Tip: Try for a room at the back of the hotel, as teh front is directly on a main road.
  • Stayed: June 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed May 14, 2017 via mobile

For the night, good hotel.
For romance, nice view you need another class and another price. This hotel is simply good quality/price. The lobby, breakfast are well, personnel is friendly and will help with any question you might have.

Stayed: May 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed April 19, 2017 via mobile

This hotel is well placed just below the Romaniche Theatre train station and 30 seconds from the river.
The rooms are clean and at the upper end of the Ibis experience. Breakfast is good and the hotel is well priced for the area.

Stayed: May 2016, traveled on business
1  Thank PaulRaby
Reviewed April 17, 2017

• Stayed: April 2017, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed March 31, 2017

The Ibis is a budget hotel. No frills. The room are small and basic. Our room faced the street but it was pretty quiet. Bathroom really small. They do not offer toiletries besides shower gel so bring your own. I knew this beforehand and even brought my own soap - just in case. Glad I did. The gel irritated my skin so I was thankful to have my own soap. The bed was fairly comfortable but after a couple of days, I found it a bit to firm. No fridge in the room. Bought water from the grocery store and would have been nice to keep it cold. No in room safe so keep that in mind.

The front desk staff was friendly and spoke English. They recommended restaurants when asked and also gave information on using the train.

The best thing about the Ibis is it's location. It's right outside of the Old City, a short walk to shops and restaurants. The Rhine river is a few blocks away. You can walk along the river and also see where the river cruises dock. I was able to walk to all the places I wanted to go to in Mainz. Train station is a couple of blocks away. Took a short 30 minute train ride to Wiesbaden which was very nice. If you rent a car - Heidleburg Germany is about 50 minutes away and Strasbourg France about a 2 hour drive.

I was really uneasy about staying in a budget hotel. However, at the time of my visit everything was booked up so didn't have a choice. My worries were unfounded. The hotel was fine. Loved the location and convenience and would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: March 2017, traveled with family