“Excellent breakfast”

Hyatt Regency Mainz
Ranked #1 of 41 Hotels in Mainz
Reviewed January 31, 2014 via mobile

The breakfast was one of the best among many other hotels around the world that i've stayed in....and ofcourse...and the choices of fresh juices...not the ones from the packaging....also bakery choices....excellent.....not to forget to mentioned the Bratwurts and other.....

Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Otto_Steenbeek_HRM, Manager at Hyatt Regency Mainz, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2014

I would like to thank you very much for you positive comments.
It is a great complement to our breakfast kitchen. Please rest assured that positive words like yours have such a motivating impact and it is a real pleasure to spread them.
Once again thank you and I hope we can welcome you back in the near future.

With kind regards

There are newer reviews for Hyatt Regency Mainz

Reviewed January 29, 2014

This is a late review as our stay was in Nov last year. I made the trip with family for an event at the nearby convention center. Not much too see in Mainz but it was a nice, quiet and relaxing weekend and we enjoyed our stay at the hotel. I thought the design aspect of the hotel was quite cool and the location was really good. Right next to the river. It was nice to able to take walks along the riverside and enjoy the scenery. The rooms were nice and the beds comfortable. We had big windows in our room facing right out to the river. The breakfast buffet was excellent with many good choices. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Overall a very positive experience!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Otto_Steenbeek_HRM, Manager at Hyatt Regency Mainz, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review of your last stay in November.
I was delighted to read that you were able to enjoy your weekend trip with your family and your very kind comments about our staff, the hotel’s location and the breakfast are very much appreciated and have been shared with the team.
So once again, thank you very much for your positive feedback and I hope to welcome you back soon.

with kind regards

Reviewed January 22, 2014

I have stayed here about 5 times now for business, I have always found my stay to be of high standard, the staff are all very helpful and welcoming. Be sure to ask for a room with a view of the River Rhine from your room, I was lucky enough to watch the sunrise over the Rhine from my bed - beautiful! The breakfast is delicious (but pricey) with a selection of just about everything you could want. In the summer they sometimes have BBQs in the outside area overlooking the River. The hotel is within very close walking distance to the main town centre. I look forward to my next visit.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Otto_Steenbeek_HRM, Manager at Hyatt Regency Mainz, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about your last stay at Hyatt Regency Mainz.
I am delighted to read that you liked the breakfast and appreciated the warm welcome you received from all the staff.
Right now the hotel is waiting for summer so that it can open its Rheintöchter Terrasse and provide BBQs for guests.

I hope I have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.

kind regards,

Reviewed January 17, 2014

I loved it here, we had a warm welcome when checking in and all the staff we met were very customer-focussed and helpful.
The room was superb even though we didn't get a Rhine view.
The breakfast on the 6th floor did have one though and was nice and private.
I will definitely stay here again if I am in Mainz and can highly recommend it to fellow business travellers.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Otto_Steenbeek_HRM, Manager at Hyatt Regency Mainz, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this positive feedback.

I am delighted to read that you felt comfortable and welcome at Hyatt Regency Mainz.
Your recommendation is the best compliment we could receive.

Thank you again for reviewing your stay, and I hope to welcome you back to Hyatt Regency Mainz soon.

Kind regards

Reviewed January 13, 2014

I decided to stay in a club room with Rhine river view. Great choice since the view is truly awesome. The club rooms are spacious and the bed is comfortable. The Residence Club has some nice snacks in the evening paired with a decent wine list. The breakfast is not as big as downstairs at Bellpeppers but sufficient.

Being in Mainz for the first time in years I decided t have dinner at Bellpeppers, the local eatery in the Hyatt. I was not disappointed, the service was knowledgeable and up to the task. The starter recommendation was delicious (wild salmon tartar) and the main course was cooked to perfection.

At the Malakoff Bar I was greeted with great Gin Tonics and an even better Gin selection. Martin the bartender knew exactly what to do and how to make a guest feel welcome and at home.

The only downside was the less that adequate smokers room. Broom closet would have been more proper. If you offer a smoking room for your guests try to treat them as guests and don't put them in a dump. In all my years of travel I have never seen such a pitiful room. If you don't want people to smoke in your hotel, don't offer a smoking room. That room is an insult to each paying guest.

Room Tip: Great hotel, enjoy the Rhine view and the great food at Bellpepper
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Otto_Steenbeek_HRM, Manager at Hyatt Regency Mainz, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2014

Thank you very much for reviewing Hyatt Regency Mainz.
I was very pleased to read that our rooms and our service at the Regency Club impressed you. Also, I was pleased to read that our bartender, Martin, delighted you with his knowledge and competence, and I have passed this compliment on to him.
At the same time, I am sorry that our smoking lounge did not meet your expectations.

I hope to welcome you again at Hyatt Regency Mainz in the near future

Reviewed January 4, 2014

Very clean and modern hotel with wonderful river views. Made our stay in Mainz all the better for staying in the Hyatt. Convenient and well stocked private members club on the top floor and service was top class.

Room Tip: River views make the stay special
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Otto_Steenbeek_HRM, Manager at Hyatt Regency Mainz, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

Thank you very much for your positive report on our hotel.
I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay in Mainz and that we played a part in contributing to this.
I am glad to read that you had the chance to visit our Regency Club. It is an exclusive environment with enhanced comfort and a breathtaking view of the River Rhine.

We look forward to having you back again at Hyatt Regency Mainz in the near future.

Reviewed December 31, 2013

Hyatt Regency along the Rhine River is a very reasonable priced hotel close to Mainz city, Wiesbaden, Frankfurt Airport.
The breakfast buffet is outstanding and probably one of the best we had during our stay within Germany. Even Kempinski , whether Berlin, Frankfurt or Munich cannot match the assortment of German style breakfast this hotel offers for their guests.
The gym is relatively small for a 5 star hotel but adequate exercise can be done or outside along the Rhine river.
Rooms are decent and a room with a Rhine river view is of advantage. My recommendation is to request such scenic room.

Negative was that during check in there was no Porter available and we had to carry 4 pieces of luggage ourselves. During our stay we have not seen once a proper bell boy.

Room Tip: Rhine River View
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Otto_Steenbeek_HRM, Manager at Hyatt Regency Mainz, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2014

Thank you for your positive feedback about our hotel.
I was especially pleased to read that our Hyatt breakfast did exceed all your expectations.
For your next stay may I recommend the brunch we offer on Sundays?
The live cooking station and different kinds of food really is a culinary adventure.
At the same time I am really sorry that nobody was there to help you with your luggage.
Please accept our sincere apologies and rest assured that we have already discussed your valuable feedback with our bellmen.

Once again I would like to thank you for your comments and I hope to welcome you back soon at Hyatt Regency Mainz.