Hilton Mainz City
    • Restaurant
    Great 4.5/5
    • Restaurant
    • Bar/Lounge
    All reviewsold townquiet streettrain stationwalking distancenespresso machinethe riverminute walkchristmas marketfrankfurt airportbusiness triplocation is excellentbreakfast buffetvery nice hotelfront desk staffan upgradetop floorparking garage
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed March 9, 2014

This is about our fifth visit here and we have always found helpful staff, great service, very clean quiet rooms.
    Hotel is a short walk from the train station with lots of shopping and restaurants nearby

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
    HiltonMainzundCity, Geschäftsführer at Hilton Mainz City, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for having chosen the Hilton Mainz City as your preferred choice of accommodation during your recent visit to the city and thank you for taking time to share your valuable feedback with us and other guests through tripadvisor.

It was a great pleasure to read through your review. Your appreciation of our service and facilities is a great motivation to the entire team. We are very thankful for your perfect rating.

We hope to welcome you back soon!

Rebecca Kipper

Reviewed February 22, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel many times over the years as a preferable alternative to staying in Frankfurt or at the Frankfurt airport the night before a flight. It is about a 5 minute walk from the main train station. It is about 20 minutes to the Mainz main station from the airport by train. Of course they have a garage if you come by car. The rooms are always clean and comfortable and the service great. It is a small hotel in a quiet location, which is nice for rest. But it is also just a short walk to restaurants, shops and many interesting sights - including a beautiful cathedral. With 20 plus stays I have never been disappointed with the hotel or the city of Mainz. I will say the other Mainz Hilton, right on the Rhein, offers better views, if you're on the river side, but it's also a lot busier (noisier). Both great hotels but I prefer the Mainz city as a quieter more private feeling hotel.

Room Tip: I like the 5th floor rooms with the balconies on the inner court. You can leave the window open all night and not be disturbed by traffic or noise from below.
    • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
    1  Thank gfarm1981
    HiltonMainzundCity, General Manager at Hilton Mainz City, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for recommending the Hilton Mainz City to other travellers on Tripadvisor.

I am delighted about your positive ratings for our hotel, our team and the services provided
    and that you enjoyed your stay with us in general.

Your recommendation is much appreciated and we look forward to the week your travel plans will bring you back to Mainz.

Rebecca Kipper

Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

Took the train from Frankfurt to Mainz- cost 8 euros and took 1/2 hour. Once I got my bearings upon arrival, it was not a bad 10 minute walk to the Hilton.

Hotel was nice-it is a Hilton so pretty much what you expect. Clean and convenient. Staff was nice. Easy walk to the old city

Stayed: January 2014
    HiltonMainzCity, General Manager at Hilton Mainz City, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2014

Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for sharing your honest feedback on Tripadvisor. It is great to see that you enjoyed your recent stay with us.

I am very happy to read your compliments about the friendliness of the staff and I will make sure to pass these on to the team.

Dear guest, it would be a pleasure to welcome you soon again to the Hilton Mainz City.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

My husband has stayed here before during a previous business trip so I knew what to expect. It's a run-of-the-mill hotel - basically clean and moderate in room size (not too big nor too tiny).

The bed was on the firm side and the pillows were rather flat (but not uncomfortable). If you're looking for fluffy pillows, then this hotel is not for you.

Internet access was an extra 15 € per day and was a bit slow. And oh, the toilet needed a little more scrubbing as it was starting to look yellow. But then again, I'm fussier than most people.

The temperature control didn't seem to be working as it stayed the same no matter how we adjusted it.

What I did like was that they gave a few pieces of chocolate and a biscuit as a welcome snack. I wish more hotels did this instead of the usual fruit platter.

Breakfast buffet, wasn't bad though not extensive, and they served mostly the same dishes throughout. So if you're staying longer than four days, you might start getting bored - I was already missing rice on the second day especially since the buffet mainly consisted of salty sausages, bacon and meatballs (can't help it, I'm Asian).

What is great about the Hilton Mainz City is its location. The tram was literally a few steps away - two stops and you're at the main train station. The shopping district, Mainz Cathedral, and the Gutenburg Museum, are all around a 10 minute walk from the hotel.

By the way, have I mentioned how warm and friendly the staff were? Thus, all things considered, I would not mind booking this hotel again on my next trip to Mainz.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
    HiltonMainzCity, General Manager at Hilton Mainz City, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for having chosen the Hilton Mainz City as your preferred choice of accommodation during your recent visit to the city and thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us and other guests through tripadvisor.

I am sorry to read that the air condition in your room was not working to your satisfaction; however it is great to see that you enjoyed your time at our hotel in general.

We truly appreciate your comments, especially those referring to the friendliness and efficiency of our team, which I will happily share with them.

I hope to have you back with us soon

Reviewed December 17, 2013

We booked this location in Mainz because the other larger Hilton property would not guarantee a non-smoking room while this location would. We found it to be a pleasant place and quite convenient to the both the train station and the old town. The staff was very pleasant and accommodating. Our in room safe did not work on arrival but they fixed it immediately after we notified the front desk. They also took care of booking a taxi for our return to the airport which went off without a hitch. The restaurant and bar are nothing special but quite serviceable. For a hot drink on a cold afternoon I recommend the Bay Coffee company on the Schillerplatz right down the street.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
    HiltonMainzCity, General Manager at Hilton Mainz City, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for recommending the Hilton Mainz to other travellers on Tripadvisor.

We appreciate your honest input and apologize for the issues you encountered with the safe in your room. However, we are more than happy to read that you were satisfied with the overall stay.
    Sharing your warm compliments about our staff was definitely a highlight and is a great motivation for all of them.

We hope to have the opportunity to be of service should your upcoming travel plans bring you to Mainz.