Hilton Mainz
  • Pool
  • Room Service
  • Breakfast included
1,210 results
All reviewsthe riverold townmain buildingper daya river view roomfree wifinice locationbreakfast buffetbusiness centershort walkgutenberg museumfitness centereasy accessfrankfurt airportnice roomchristmas marketroom rate
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 13, 2011

We got back yesterday from a lovely weekend spent at the Hilton Mainz. The Hotel is quite vast and seperated into 2 wings, either side of the road. We had a room on the corner of the buiding in the city side wing and it was very comfortable. We had a lovely comfortable bed and a really nicely set out bathroom with complimentary crabtree and evelyn toilettries. The breakfast at the hotel was very extensive and there was definitely something for everyone, you couldn't fault the selection and freshness of the food on offer. The staff were friendly and happy to help when asked and all in all we had a lovely stay.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
HiltonMainzCity, Manager at Hilton Mainz, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2011

Dear User,
thank you very much for your stay in our HILTON Mainz and that you take the time to post a comment.
It’s a great honour for us that you enjoyed your stay within our new renovated HILTON Mainz. We work hard to make your stay as much as possible comfortable and to guarantee the expected Hilton-Standards and quality.
We would be more than happy to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the HILTON Mainz.
If you have any question in the meantime I will be more than happy to assist you.

Reviewed April 27, 2011

Really that is the only thing that is good about the hotel is the location. The staff was not very friendly, my husband was over there for business and I came along with him. There is also no concierge at this hotel, so you really need to plan your vacation before you check into the hotel. One thing that made the stay enjoyable was that we could rent bikes and ride them along the rhine river and thru the town of Mainz. I would highly recommend doing this, it was well worth the money. Cost was $12 USD per 24 hours. You can pick the bike up near the train station.

We took the trolley that is downtown Mainz, they do the tour in German and also in English The tour was just okay, but if you don't want to walk or ride bikes this might be the best way to see the little town of Mainz.

There is also a casino that is in walking distance from the hotel....just across the street. My husband and I walked away with $40 in winnings. Yeah!!!!

Internet is not free, they do have a business center but it will cost you to use their computers to check your emails.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is on the Rhine River.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
HiltonMainzCity, Manager at Hilton Mainz, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2011

Dear User,
Thank you for your time to post your comment about our Hilton Mainz on Tripadvisor.

I apologize that you not enjoyed your stay with us. We do not have an extra concierge desk but all our front desk staff is more than happy to assist you in your planning’s to explore our City of Mainz or any other request. They do have all information and phone numbers.

Our partner for Internet services is the external vendor Swisscom which is our internet provider in all German Hilton Hotels. As it’s not our own system we’re unable to offer this service for free.

I will forward your comments to our front desk manager to work and improve our service.

It will be an honour for us to host you again and assist you in any matter.

Reviewed March 18, 2011

Poor value hotel. Room rate of Euro 195 did not include wifi internet (an extra Euro 20 per day or free parking an extra Euro 19 per day) or parking. Service was poor. They forgot to deliver laundry on time even though it was submitted hours before the pickup deadline.

Fitness center was located across the road that required one to cross an a bridge suspended above the road.

Food was better than average but very pricey as well.

• Stayed: March 2011
HiltonMainzCity, Manager at Hilton Mainz, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2011

Dear User,
Thank you very much for your stay with us at the HILTON MAINZ and your time to post your comments on Tripadvisor.

For Wireless in our Hotel we work with Swisscom as external vendors how take care of all services. This is the reason why we cannot include this in the rate.

The Hilton Mainz with his 431 guest rooms and suites is divided in two buildings. A bridge above the Rheinstrasse connects both buildings. The brand new Precor Fitness Centre is located in this wing. The second option will be for you to run next to the Rhine River so you not have to cross the bridge.

I am sorry that the delivery of your laundry was not on time. I addressed this to our housekeeping department and they will do an extra Training on this. Laundry service on time is a very important point.

The whole team of our HILTON Mainz will be looking forward to host you once again in our Hotel so we can convince you from our service.

Reviewed March 17, 2011

Very nice and recently updated (exactly when, I'm not sure, but certainly recent....) Very modern feel, both in common areas and the rooms. Many rooms overlook the Rhein, as the hotel is riverfront. Almost all of Mainz's many reataurants, shops and attractions are at most a 5-10 minute walk. It is a very walking friendly city.

The staff is all very friendly and helpful, most speak at least some english. All in all, I found this to be a very good hotel for a four day business stay in Mainz.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
HiltonMainzCity, Manager at Hilton Mainz, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2011

Dear User,
Thank you very much for your stay with us at the HILTON MAINZ and your time to post your comment on Tripadvisor.

I will forward your positive impressions to our staff.

We finished on February 28th our full refurbishment. All 431 guestrooms and suites are renovated as well all public areas and our fitness centre.

The whole team of our HILTON Mainz will be looking forward to host you once again.

Reviewed March 6, 2011

My wife and I stayed here for a night in August of 2010 as part of an Insight Vacation Tour. The hotel is very clean and very modern. The staff were friendly and the food in the restaurant was amazing. The location is also excellent as it is located right on the Rhine River. In the evening we took a walk along the river and it was quite beautiful.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple

Dear User,

It’s a great honour for us that you enjoyed your stay within our new renovated HILTON Mainz. I will forward this to our whole Team. We work hard to make your stay as much as possible comfortable.

We will be happy to accommodate you again in our HILTON Mainz.