“Very Nice German Dinner”

Weinstube zum Bacchus
Ranked #19 of 556 Restaurants in Mainz
Cuisines: Wine Bar
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 4, 2017

Based on other reviews, I decided to give this place a try. As a solo diner, the english speaking waiter (1 of 2) made me feel very welcome. He provided very prompt service. I had the wienerschnitzel which I thought was very good and plentiful which came with a berry (blueberry?) sauce and scalloped potatoes. I also had the cucumber and tomato salad, served in a vinaigrette dressing, and a nice glass of cabernet. All in all, I enjoyed my meal. One interesting thing... where I was seated, there was absolutely no phone cellular signal and no free wifi. So, if dining alone, you might want to entertain yourself the old fashioned way: with a magazine or book!

Reviewed August 4, 2016

Great location on a small cobblestone street with several other weinhaus nearby. ambiance was exactly what you would hope for on a warm July night

Reviewed February 26, 2016

I had the weinerschnitzel with potatoes and it was good, but not great. A little too much breading. Accompanied by 2 difference glasses or reisling, niether of which was as good as the one that I had ealier at a true wine bar Cuvee 2016. The night I went they were booked up, but I was early and the did get me in.The service is friendly, warm and exceptionally. I will likely go back but would want to try something non-german before doing so.

Reviewed August 27, 2015

although you could say the food is german it's got an updated, fresh spin on it. i had big baked potato with herb chicken and my wife had a delicious thin crust pizza. serving sizes were typically german. friendly english-speaking servers, reasonable prices, and excellent beers & local wine.

Reviewed September 10, 2014

Good food, wines, and service. The owner is friendly and the surroundings, both inside and on the outside tables, are pleasant. We liked the menu at Weinstube Losch, next door, a bit better, but zum Bacchus makes an excellent flammkuchen-- a must-try if you have never had one. This is an excellent place to eat..