“Great for lunch”

Figaro Cafe&Restaurant
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed September 12, 2012

Cafe overlooks market square--good food and service --reasonable prices-
English menu available--outside dining available

There are newer reviews for Figaro Cafe&Restaurant

Reviewed June 19, 2012

Great food, well priced, fast service and a wonderful view over the cathedral square and market. Recommend a delicious iced coffee or an iced chocolate on a warm summers day, seated in the outdoor area in front of this cafe.

Reviewed March 23, 2012

We were sight seeing and went to the Dom catedral. I noticed a crowd sitting at Figaros ourside cafe, eating and drinking. As it was so popular we went there for dinner that night. The restaurant was virtually empty at 7pm. Was afraid we had made a mistake but found our most everything is closed on Mondays.
The food here was very good. I had the waitress's recommendation of Torteliini, the sauce was excellent. Reminded me of vodka sauce in the states as it was a creamy tomato sauce. The watercress soup was light but a really good flavor. The regional specialty is a very thin almost like a giant watercracker crust pizza they call a tarte. Lots of unusual toppings but overall very good choice. Really liked the interior as was upstairs and if you get the window seats it overlooks the sqauare and the catherdral. Monday night would be a perfect choice as you have the restaurant to yourself.

Reviewed June 5, 2011

Want a romantic lunch, a business lunch, or just a quick bite while sightseeing in Mainz? I highly recommend Figaro Cafe at Markt 11-15 in Mainz. They offered the first sandwich we came across while visiting Europe -- a delicious club sandwich and a bright, vibrant atmosphere. Courteous waiter. Pleasant patrons. Good prices. We thoroughly enjoyed it there!

Reviewed June 1, 2010

Great variety of wine, great staff, great food! I had the Grill Jumbo Shrimp salad and I recommend this to everyone. For my entree I had the Black Truffle Pasta with Cabernet Sauvignon from Rhein Hessen. My husband had the NY Strip Steak and the Sweet Wine. Yum-O! I believe I had another while people watching. I will definately be back.

1  Thank Nubian_J