“Lovely outdoor cafe in the Marktplatz”
Review of Figaro Cafe&Restaurant - CLOSED

Figaro Cafe&Restaurant
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Casa Grande, Arizona
“Lovely outdoor cafe in the Marktplatz”
Reviewed June 5, 2011

Want a romantic lunch, a business lunch, or just a quick bite while sightseeing in Mainz? I highly recommend Figaro Cafe at Markt 11-15 in Mainz. They offered the first sandwich we came across while visiting Europe -- a delicious club sandwich and a bright, vibrant atmosphere. Courteous waiter. Pleasant patrons. Good prices. We thoroughly enjoyed it there!

• Visited May 2011

Kaiserslautern, Germany
“The best view and great atmosphere!”
Reviewed June 1, 2010

Great variety of wine, great staff, great food! I had the Grill Jumbo Shrimp salad and I recommend this to everyone. For my entree I had the Black Truffle Pasta with Cabernet Sauvignon from Rhein Hessen. My husband had the NY Strip Steak and the Sweet Wine. Yum-O! I believe I had another while people watching. I will definately be back.

1 Thank Nubian_J
Gaithersburg, Maryland
“Great Find”
Reviewed September 17, 2009

This restaurant is on the plaza on one side of the cathedral in Mainz, and has outside seating along with other restaurants. My husband and I were tired of the traditional touristy German food and so we looked at people's plates to see if we could spot pizza--we thought we saw it here. When the waiter came, we learned that there was no pizza, there was a tarte! We ordered the tarte, which had a thin pizza-like crust, with cheese and onion and herbs on it, and a cream pumpkin soup to share. Husband had a beer and I had a very delicious glass of Riesling. The food was excellent and different and we thought we made a real find at the Figaro. We would certainly go back.