“NON EXISTANT CUSTOMER SERVICE”
Review of Incontro

Incontro
Ranked #25 of 556 Restaurants in Mainz
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 20, 2018

Went there with my wife to simply have a beer and a wine. Right from the outset it was apparent we weren't welcome despite the fact that there was no one else in the restaurant. Rude and unwelcoming staff who hovered close by!!! Could not relax due, I think to the fact that we only wanted to have a drink, not a meal and that we sat at a table which had been set up for drinks but which had to be changed because we were now sitting there. A simple polite request to move to another table would have been no problem. Staff encountered were rude and it had nothing to do with the language barrier. Would avoid this place.

Reviewed March 8, 2018 via mobile

Nice service! Very top! But the food is absolutely average. Not impressed
The dessert was Cassata sich supposedly have pistachio ice inside. I haven’t seen or tasted any pistachio flavor tho

Reviewed February 8, 2018 via mobile

I popped in for a quick lunch with a co-worker. Immediately upon walking in got carried away by fantastic old-school Italian service. It’s one of those places where you cannot rush in and out. It’s a place where food is celebrated not fast-served and fast-eaten. And rightfully so because it was delicious! My coworker had a pasta dish and I went for lamb racks. Both were amazing. I wanted to go back again and again because food at our hotel was rather miserable. I would certainly go back! Delicious! Grazie!

Reviewed December 20, 2017 via mobile

Here with local friends, our group numbered six. The meal was leisurely paced definitely not rushed. Very welcoming environment if not a bit crowded and noisy. Extensive menus with enough options for us vegetarians. I was not to keen on my entree because the salmon was fishy but everything else was nice. The service was better than the food with highly polished professional waiters. Prices were moderate but there were a a few costly menu items that nobody at our table ordered. Next time I would avoid the fish but otherwise it's a keeper.

Reviewed October 2, 2017

Friendly service, nice prepared and reasonable priced 4-course dinner. The selected wines matched the food quite well. Recommended!