“Exceptional value for a town centre Hotel”
Review of Trierer Hof

and 1 more site!
Trierer Hof
Ranked #12 of 32 Hotels in Koblenz
Dorset, England
“Exceptional value for a town centre Hotel”
Reviewed November 7, 2012

The only parking available is in the public car park across the road near the castle. The hotel has an 'deal' and for €8 gave us a ticket, enabling us to come and go at will.
Reception was very helpful, even though we arrived much too early, and willingly tolerated my poor German, before kindly suggesting that English might be easier.

My only adverse comment has to be that the Reception area was in some sort of turmoil, perhaps during refurbishment? Just a little off-putting when you first open the door, and yes, some bits of carpet must be due to be renewed. But that's it, the whole place is otherwise spotless.

We had a room at the top of the hotel, with roof-light windows, so totally silent at night.
The decor is perhaps plain but functional. Access was by lift from reception.

A separate staircase led down to the biggest surprise of all, and that was the Breakfast Room. Totally amazing decor, with a Buffet of almost anything you could think of, both hot and cold. Wonderful fresh breads and pastires, and real fresh-fruit salad. Freshly-brewed coffee brought to the table. A great start to the day.

There is a very pleasant restaurant in the same building as the hotel, and the food and service were excellent.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ski_Wrinkley

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Spotlessly clean.
Centrally located.
Agreeable staff.
Mediocre breakfast.
If you watch MSNBC's "Lockup" you see bigger cells in prisons than the rooms here.
Additionally, my room had a large portion of the space unusable as it was located
under a staircase or some other overhang.
The bed in my room was smaller than a normal single.
I thought the tv was a small computer screen.....really small. Channel selection poor.
Parking is inconveniently located about a block away in an underground garage.
Quiet, secure and apparently well run, but really, seems too pricey for such a small cage.

OTOH...I have not investigated what the hotel room market is in Koblenz...perhaps this is all you get for $100.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Tryon, North Carolina
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Spent four nights in this hotel very recently and enjoyed it. It is very well run, personable reception staff with a most helpful attitude towards the guests. My room was on the 3rd floor, easily reached by elevator and on the backside of the property which made for a very quiet stay. Well equipped and spotless room, nice hospitality touches, good TV. As I am tall, the slanted walls of the room were somewhat of a negative as was a less than comfortable matress. The guest computer was a plus, also the close vicinity to the boat docks on the Rhine as I arrived per boat. There is a small supermarket nearby and several nice restaurants. Breakfast in this hotel is outstanding, very large assortment of items, all of very high quality. The breakfast room is beautiful and morning newspapers are provided. A very nice repeat stay for me and I hope to be there again soon.

Room Tip: Light sleeoers shoukd ask for room location at back of hotel
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank ursulashu
Aberdeen
Reviewed November 12, 2011

Hotel reception desk were a bit standoffish - probably because my attempts at German were so poor. I was given a key to view the last room available. No toilet or shower, the bed was unmade, towels were on the floor and the ashtray was full !! When I went back to reception and told them they were genuinely surprised. Then I was given the key to the other 'last room available'. This was a very small one bed room - but had shower and toilet. I was on the top floor with a small window with no view. The breakfast was ok - nothing exciting but clean with attentive staff. The hotel itself is in a good location for exploring Koblenz which like most towns I visited in Germany was fantastic. There is a secure underground car park across from the front of the hotel which was great. There are plenty of bars and restaraunts just a couple of blocks away towards the river so I can't comment on the hotels restaraunt on the ground floor.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank Harpotheton
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed August 13, 2011

This hotel is about a three block walk through a park to the Rhine. My room was quite comfortable, although I had no view from the room. Bath facilities were good. There is a lift, and free wifi is provided. Free buffet breakfast was adquate, as I do not eat heavy breakfasts.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank JSOfan
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Reviewed March 5, 2011

Small reception area but very friendly and helpful staff. Small room, very small but clean bathroom with shower. Parking 2 blocks away from the hotel.

A suggestion for a day trip: go to Trier (190 km from Koblenz, on the Mosel river valley) and on the way stop at Cochem - a beautiful medieval small town

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RicardoBretzCosta
Cheshire
Reviewed June 11, 2008

My husband and I checked into this hotel for one night, having made the reservation through the Tourist Information Office at the station. The hotel was in a good location, close to the Old Town with lots of parking nearby, however the room was awful.

We had made the reservation knowing that we would be sleeping in a small room with one double bed. This did not bother us, however the mattress was of such poor quality that my husband and I couldn't avoid rolling into the middle of the bed. Also, the bed was jammed against the wall on one side with a dressing table at the end of the bed on the same side which meant that if I wanted to get up, I had to clamber over my husband.

Neither of us got any sleep at all due to the temperature of the room. It had been a hot sunny day and the room was absolutely stifling. We were in a room on the top floor with a small tilting window which didn't allow in any draught at all. The small fan which was provided was so noisy that we could hear it even when we had our earplugs in.

Yes - earplugs! The room faced out on to a busy street and the noise is obviously such a problem for the occupants of that room that the hotel had thoughtfully included two pairs of earplugs in the little basket of toiletries in the bathroom. Unfortunately, the earplugs did not block out the noise from the fan or the traffic which, combined with the sweltering heat and lack of fresh air, meant that we got no sleep at all.

When we complained as we checked out the following day, we suggested that a reduction on our bill might compensate in a small way for our inconvenience. We were offered a 7.50 Euro reduction which we accepted but it was small compensation for the worst night we have ever experienced in a hotel.

• Liked — Our departure
  • Disliked — The room
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family