“A Greek restaurant in Germany!”
Review of Poseidon

Poseidon
Ranked #35 of 270 Restaurants in Koblenz
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 21, 2014

My husband and I love Greek food and were delighted to see The Poseidon restaurant as we made our way back to our hotel, the Trierer Hof, from the K-D boat landing at Deutsches Eck.
We stopped to look at the menu and were greeted by either the owner or the manager. Having been to Greece for an extended stay, my husband asked the man if he was Greek and he was. So we had some fun using the limited words we knew in Greek and made reservations for that evening. Upon our return, we were seated at one of the sidewalk tables just as the dinner crowd began to arrive. Our service was excellent. The menu had all our favorite dishes and I had a difficult decision to make. Ended up ordering the Plunon (souvlaki, gyros merida, tzatziki) and a glass of retsina. My husband ordered the Fischplatte (calamari and fish selection) and a beer. Both of us managed to eat the generous portions with great pleasure. We highly recommend this restaurant for food quality and service. 36.30 Euros total with drinks

Reviewed May 31, 2014

At first I was happy to hear that the organizers of our Christmas party had chosen this Greek restaurant not far from the Rhine and the center of the old part of Koblenz since I remembered how delicious the Greek salads were from previous visits.

Neither the salads nor the Greek appetizers were as good as I’d remembered, but the service was astonishingly fast and very friendly for our very large group of more than 20 people. And we were even able to sit at one very long table in the front part of the restaurant. Maybe we should’ve tried the meat dishes, which those who ordered claimed were very tasty. Certainly we could see from the size of the portions that they were enough for an entire meal for very hungry guests.

We'll be giving Poseidon another try and weather permitting outside too.

Reviewed April 16, 2014

We used to live in Germany and always found the best Greek food outside of Greece was in Germany so we were pleased to spot this restaurant as we sauntered around Koblenz- we decided to return the following evening to give it a try. The restaurant was very busy when we arrived at approx 7pm. We hovered at the door waiting for a member of staff to show us to a table. Eventually someone nodded to us which we interpreted as 'sit where you like'. Menus were brought and drinks ordered. The food was absolutely delicious- no complaints from us there. There was a good ambience and the restaurant was practically full the whole time we were in. I can't say we were impressed with the service in terms of friendliness. We appreciated the waiters were busy but felt a there was a lack of interest in us as customers. However, don't let that put you off- the food more than makes up for any lack of customer service!

Reviewed August 24, 2013

We've eaten here twice and each time have been really pleased with the food and service.
The moussaka is absolutely massive and (I'm told) delicious, and the fish dishes were all I could have wished for.
If you feel like a change from Western European dishes, visit Poseidon and enjoy the Greek ambience, friendly service and excellent food.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

We had a most enjoyable meal - my partner had a moussaka (probably the biggest serving of moussaka I've ever seen) and I had a wonderfully cinnamony kleftiko which must have been cooking for hours given the tenderness of the beef. I had a wonderful plate of meze for starters which could easily have been shared between two. Very pleasant service but perhaps slightly let down by ambience and décor.