“re: Not a bad place for lunch”
Review of Sam Kullmans Diner

Sam Kullmans Diner
Ranked #16 of 276 Restaurants in Kaiserslautern
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed December 12, 2011

Food was good, service was good - English Spoken. Nice mix of locals and Americans. Hey and they have fresh brewed Ice tea!

There are newer reviews for Sam Kullmans Diner

Reviewed October 15, 2011

Very slow service, food was bland and expensive. A number of items on the menu were no longer avalaible which is frustrating becuase German waitresses are horrible at customer service and do not come back right away to take one's order. There were only two waitresses for around 40 tables. Had to wait 15 minutes for her to bring back my change. Parking is horrible and the typical tight squeeze with small spaces.

Positives, they speak good English.

2  Thank BlueMilitary
Reviewed April 17, 2011

This was our second time eating here and unfortunately, we experienced the same results: very slow service, food was average to bland, and expensive.

Our first time we chalked it up to it being a bad night and especially since we missed the time where we could still order breakfast items. Both my wife and I ordered sandwiches that left a lot to be desired. We also ordered a milkshake that was just okay, but not something I would order again. Not only that, but it took forever to get our food. Make sure you have time to kill because you will be waiting on an average of 45 min to get your food.

This last time, my whole family went and were going for breakfast. I mean, it's hard to mess up breakfast so we decided to give them a second chance. Again, it took about 45 minutes to get the food and my mom didn't even get her order at all since the waffle machine wasn't working (why couldn't they have told her that an 1 hr and 15 min earlier?) and they forgot about her order of country potatoes. My wife and I ordered omelets that were just okay and pancakes for my sons which were a little on the gummy but dry side. The only good thing were the country potatoes that were pretty tasty. My wife and I also ordered waffles, but as you know already, we didn't get that or get an definitive response besides "it's coming or almost done" until and 1hr 15min later after we already finished eating what we did get. Come to find out the server was the one who was the one cooking it. Seriously? So the servers go in the back and cook some items as well? No wonder it takes so long to get your food. Again, my mom and dad ordered country potatoes in which the server never brought even after telling them an hour into our meal. We ended up just leaving and not waiting any longer for those orders.

We weren't the only ones who were noticeably irritated with how long it took to fix the food. It was everyone so we didn't feel too bad. One guy with his family actually went up and asked them if they had forgotten about him just to make sure.

All in all, we paid around $61 U.S. for the meal that was definitely not worth it along with the very slow service. They try and put up discounts saying they will give the rate of 1 Euro for every $1.40... which is a whopping savings of .04 cents off the current rate. Not really much of an incentive honestly for all the hassle.

American diner food is hard to find in Germany... very scarce, but the memories of the food are better than going here. Actually, I was telling my wife that I wish she had just cooked cause her pancakes and omelets are great and ten times better than anything they serve there.

4  Thank montgod
Reviewed July 10, 2010

Easy to find on the main road entering Kaiserslautern, we found Kullman's Diner: meals were huge and tasty! A few German offerings (Schnitzels) but mostly American-style fare.
We went for dinner and found a wide variety of dinners/sandwiches at reasonable prices.
Our party of 4 ordered 4 different entrees, & all were excellent & plentiful! Fast, friendly service, with excellent English spoken by staff. Plenty of free parking, too.
You can dine indoors or in the biergarten outside. (We dined inside, as it was raining the day we were there.) A beautiful place, clean, reminiscent of America's 1950's Diners in decor.

Reviewed August 9, 2009

what a greasy, greasy spoon! i wouldnt eat at this place again if u paid me. coffee was horrible! tasted like dishwater. my aunt & i are visiting from the states and we went to kullman's because our fav bakery was closed. what a mistake. dont waste ur time or $. go elsewhere.

3  Thank dreamgirrrl9