“Love! Love! Love!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Himalaya - CLOSED

Himalaya
Cuisines: Indian, Asian
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Kaiserslautern, Germany
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Love! Love! Love!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

The food is awesome! So much so that if I don't get a chance to go for a while I dream about it. I love that they cook the curry with spisiness to order, so if you can't handle spicy or if you're a nuclear maniac, this place will suit. The curries are excellent. The Chai is great. The soups are delicious, especially the creamy tofu and corn soup. The service has been great in my experience. And it is family owned and operated, so it's very quaint and the staff are really friendly. If you're planning dinner, reservations are recommended because the space is small, but for lunch it's usually open to walk-in. And really nice for a romantic dinner.

• Visited May 2013

“Great find!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

I'm particularly fond of curry, but my picky eater Hubby recommended we go together and have me try their food. Well, everything was great. The ice tea is addicting good! The family owners are super attentive. Good portion, presentation an taste was exceptional. We had chips and tomato soup as starter (excellent), chicken curry (non-spicy, I can't tolate spiy food) with white rice[although i hate the smell of curry, I found myself eating more] and the dumplings (loved the yogurt & mint dip sauce)!!

Absolutrly family friendl and great hospitality, must try it.

Advice: you will leave the restaurant smelling like curry :P

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank LaBva27
Sembach, Germany
“If you're patient, then it's worth the wait”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

Just ate there last night for the first time based on the reviews. The atmosphere/decoration is great. The place is a bit hard to find on a GPS, and parking sucks. You have to make a reservation. The food I ordered was delicious, and one of the other ladies I was with thought so of her meal. Another person in my group didn't like their meal due to personal preference, but when I tried it, it was good, (she's picky, and the meal was a bit mild in flavor like a "comfort food" dish.) My other friend didn't like her noodle dish she ordered, (which said "King Prawns on the description of the dish, but all she got was tiny shrimp that couldn't possibly have been big enough to have been harvested when their adult shells were formed!) So, 2 for 2 if you know what you're ordering. Anyway, there was a reasonable amount of customers, about 3/4 of the restaurant was full. We ended up waiting almost 2 hours for our dishes, (we had a reservation for 2030, so it was around 2300 when we finally ate!) Did I mention the waiters didn't even ask for our drinks when we first got there? I had to wave down a waiter after the first 15 minutes! Thus, with all of this considered, I had to give this place a 3. Go if you're patient, like to eat earlier in the evening, and know Indian dishes. By the way, the restaurant owners are closing the restaurant starting 05 February 2013 to 04 March 2013 due to the family is visiting Nepal.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank K X
Münchweiler an der Alsenz, Rheinland-Pfalz, Germany
“Good for an Indian”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

Being English, I'm always on the lookout for an Indian, and whilst it says Himalaya, it's close enough. Friendly staff, the restaurant is nicely done in a Himalayan style and the food doesn't disappoint!

We were the only people in the restaurant, so don't know how it is when it's full, but we enjoyed ourselves. Would go there again, definitely.

• Visited February 2012
Kaiserslautern, Germany
“Excellent food in Ktown”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2012

This is a great restaurant in the Altstadt of Kaiserslautern. My wife and I just ate here for the first time and we loved the atmosphere and food. We sat at a table near the back of the restaurant with a in front of a mural of the Himalyan mountains and a photo of a younger Dalai Lama smiling down upon us. On Thursday night they have 1$ = 1 euro. I had the Lamb Farsi, tender pieces of lamb in a sweet and spicy pumpkin sauce. My wife had a black lentil dish. They were both wonderful and we even took some home for lunch. The staff was very helpful and friendly. We plan to return and try all of the different dishes. Highly recommend this dinning experience.

• Visited December 2012