All reviews castle ruins traditional german hotel recommend this hotel schnitzel would definitely stay here again bread cuisine english
Selected filters
Reviewed August 10, 2018

My friend and I loved coming and hanging out on the patio at the restaurant. But this one particular evening, we had to wait over an hour and a half for our meal. It wasn’t busy at the time(2 other couples outside and a few people inside). Then Other groups started showing up and they were receiving their meals before we did. We asked the waiter what had happened and he said that the waitress had forgotten to turn in our order. How do you forget to turn in an order, when this is what you do as a business? No one came an asked if we wanted to order another beer or more bread while we waited. I was truly disappointed, since we frequented the restaurant quite often.
The waiter apologize and said it would take an additional 5 min for our order, well that 5 min turned into 20 min. Again we asked what happened, giving them the benefit of the doubt, plus we were hungry, so we waited. The meal finally came after an hour and a half. That’s when he told us that they would only charge a 9 euro for our meal.
It will not be our first place to choose when wanting to eat out. It’s really sad, because we really liked bringing our friends from out of town there.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed April 25, 2018

Every so often my 2 friends and I decide to really splurge. So we go to the Burgschaenke for a truly memorable meal. For this you pay quite a bit and since the portions are so large, I order the "kinder" (child) schnitzel and I am quite sated after. My friends order the asparagus (spargel) soup which is only available in season (April-June) and since I've tasted it before, it is outstanding. They then dive into huge meals. It's worth the money.

Room tip: We only ate there
Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed March 5, 2018

Had dinner here with the pretty wife. We made reservations because, you never know. The place is a very cozy German style restaurant. They had menu's in English with a good selection of German foods. The wife had a steak with fried potatoes and I had the rack of lamb. We were both very happy with the meal and the service. We got out of there for 55 Euros. The waiter spoke very good English and I saw that they also take credit cards. We plan a return trip in the near future.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Shane S
Reviewed January 25, 2018 via mobile

I spent three months at this hotel for work in K-Town. The rooms are well cared for by Bianca and the housecleaning staff. The Owner took a minute to get use to but then was helpful and accommodating. The food is amazing and the staff Rosie, and Malik will take care of everything. Try the waffles with ice cream!!! . I recommend this hotel. The over all experience was amazing.

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Jacqueline B
Reviewed October 2, 2017

Lovely spot. Room was very comfortable. (Not quite as clean as I would like, but very comfortable.)

We had dinner only once during our stay. Everyone ordered something different, and it was all delicious and well prepared. (The creme brulee was superb. the strudel not so much.) Breakfast buffet was very nice.

Staff was very friendly and helpful.

Date of stay: September 2017