“Personalized Attention- Beautiful Hotel”

and 1 more site!
Design Hotel Zollamt
Ranked #7 of 21 Hotels in Kaiserslautern
Lis fresnos, tx
“Personalized Attention- Beautiful Hotel”
Reviewed May 22, 2014

I came for business but would love to come back for r&r. The staff is amazing, every morning I walked in for breakfast the owners and staff already knew how I liked my coffee and had it ready. The rooms are clean, very pretty and comfortable, surrounding an adorable courtyard. Highly recommend this place.

Room Tip: Room 24 has a cute little balcony where you can sit and enjoy the garden below!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed March 23, 2014

I brought my wife with me on a business trip and stayed for two weeks at Hotel Zollamt. What a great decision! The owners and staff are some of the friendliest people we've ever met. They treated us like family and and took great care of my wife while I was working. Breakfast was perfect, the rooms are a great size and very comfortable, and the location is close to the train station and is easily walkable to the city. If we make it back to the area, we will stay here again. Danke schön!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Pune, India
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Hello,

I stated with Hotel Zollamt service appartment for 22 days in month of July 2013. I enjoyed y stay with zollamt. I was very happy with this hotel and would recommend it to anyone visiting Kaiserslautern.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Neunkirchen, Germany
Reviewed March 20, 2013

I only spent one short night at Hotel Zollamt but it was awesome! The couple that own and run the property were most welcoming and even showed my colleagues and I to our rooms in person. I had injured my leg earlier in the trip and asked for a bag of ice... instead I was brought their personal ice gel pack and told to call down when it was no longer cold for a replacement. My room was huge by German standards for similar properties (although some of my colleagues room's were a bit smaller.) It was also smartly decorated and spotless. I had a small fridge and a large, flat screen television. I had a king bed (a real king... not two beds slid next to each other) and a large balcony overlooking the gardens behind the property. The bathroom and shower stall were also easily 2/3 larger than you get in most German hotels.

Breakfast was delicious and offered a wide range of selections... I don't know if they bake their own croissants but they practically melted in your mouth. The breakfast hostess waited on us hand and foot, constantly replenishing our coffees, teas and juices.

I did not venture out but the hotel is located only about an 8-10 minute walk to Kaiserslautern Zentrum. There is also a pizza joint close by that is open late.

It was a great experience after a long, hard day and I would go back in a heartbeat!

Room Tip: I was directly across from the lift on the 2nd floor.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank cleanbed
Nieuwegein, The Netherlands
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Although Kaiserslautern is not the most exiting city in Germany, Hotel Zollamt is one of the best hotels we have ever stayed at. The couple that owns the hotel is very friendly and hospitable. The rooms are roomy and very quiet. But best of all are the beds! I can't remember sleeping that well in a very long long time. The mattresses are soft but firm at the same time. If I ever want to sleep that good again, I'm going to book another stay at Hotel Zollamt!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Chicago
Reviewed October 11, 2012

We picked this hotel because it was suppose to be close to the train station and we were very happy with our choice. It is an easy walk from the station but you will need to get directions either from the internet or from someone at the train station. Otherwise it is very close and easy once you know where to go. The two women at the front desk were very pleasant and helpful with directions to the town center and in reserving a taxi for the next morning to get to the Avis office. They made us feel welcome. Our rooms were very clean and very comfortable with a modern feel. There was a refrigerator in the room which is always appreciated. The walk to the town center took about 15 minutes and provided us with a good choice of restaurants. The breakfast area is good and the food on the buffet was excellent. We were very happy with this hotel and would recommend it to anyone visiting Kaiserslautern.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Ghent, Belgium
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Modern recent hotel. Not part of a chain and run very professional. The service is personalized.
Very good breakfast with service. Rooms are modern and spacy. We stayed here 5 nights and were very satisfied.

Room Tip: Normally i find always some negative points in a hotel but in this case i did not find any.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business